“Perfect little bed and breakfast.”

The Beverley Inn & Hotel
and 1 more site!
The Beverley Inn & Hotel
Ranked #13 of 24 Doncaster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I only stayed here for one night but I cannot complain about anything. I was met with a very warm welcome from the bar staff and chef who is also the owner. He seems to have done a very good job since taking over only 8 weeks ago. I would recommend to anyone staying around the area. Bedrooms was very clean and homely. My evening meal was excellent all fresh produce and breakfast was just as good. Chris from Bradford.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I arrived after a five hour drive and am usually booked into a Hilton, Jury's Inn etc through work so was a little taken back at first. Had to go to the bar to check in which I found strange but the girl behind the bar was really welcoming and was efficient and helpful. I was taken to my room and upon letting myself in found that the room was pleasantly clean and bright, basic but what do you expect for the price. The food was alright, I ordered the Greek salad, which didn't use proper feta and had a honey mustard dressing on it... Maybe a mistake? The chips I ordered though were delicious! I slept really well, the bed was comfortable with really nice plump and fresh bedding.
Overall I though this place was very good value for money when compared with some of the other places I stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Clean and tidy room that was ready and waiting when we arrived. The breakfast was great, would suggest more than one choice of fruit juice. Better than many in the area....
and good value for money! Will use it again.

Room Tip: Try room number 1....
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here with a few of my mates In late August. I have to be honest, the room had a really funny smell about it. I can only assume this was due to the kitchen extractor pipe being right outside the window. Everything else seemed OK, none of us ate or drank here. It was just a sleep over so £69 for a double bed and a single is pretty reasonable I guess.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Did not stay overnight only had meal n drink.Menu offered 2 main courses £12 normally £18. Menu stated 12 pieces of scampi only got eight. Mashed potato was poorly mashed on sausage n mash meal. Mushy peas very watery. Very small portions. I expected much better as we waited a good half hour from ordering to service and we were the first in.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Went here for the first time for a Sunday dinner with my partner & 2 children.. Firstly, when our food did arrive our portions were that of a child's meal!! Our food got brought out & after 10mins waiting I went and told the lady we had no gravy brought out or our children's meals..and that our meals had by now gone cold! He took our meals and warmed them in a microwave, fetched us a tiny jug of gravy and then our kids don't like meat so we payed for dinner but minus meat.. They brought out a bowl of hard carrots and broccoli for them.. Its a shame u pay before meals.. coz we would Have not payed for that!! we left and went mcdonalds!!!! Absolutely disgusting..

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We arrived about 11am on the Saturday morning expecting not to get in the room until about 1pm, we got a couple of drinks and then told the lady our name so that if the rooms were ready we could perhaps get in, unfortunately our names were not on their list at all, the lady fetched the Manager, he came and could not apologise enough, (we originally booked it through Late Rooms)he said as there was racing on we would struggle to get a room anywhere, this i knew as i had kept checking availability, he said i can offer you a room but it is a twin and it is not Ensuite, he said he would get the room serviced and would then let us have a look to see if it was to our likeing, i would have taken it regardless so we had somewhere to sleep, but when he showed us it, it was fabulous, it was spotlessly clean, vary roomy and bright. we said Yes and when we got back down in the Bar i realised that i had not paid for our drinks in all the confusion, but he would not hear of it after our little misfortune. We stayed and had further drinks and chats with a few of the locals and even they said that the place has improved since this guy had taken over in April. They even called us a taxi so we got to the races on time and the breakfast the next morning was superb, just how you expect it to be, really hot and freshly cooked. When we left we said that we will definitely stay there again when coming to the races. It is like the Manager says, it's a budget hotel but is fantastic value. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple