“cheap and clean!”

Ranked #16 of 23 Doncaster B&B and Inns
Derby, United Kingdom
“cheap and clean!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Visted the stables for a couple of days away on my own. My room was basic but wonderfully clean. Bed linen was lovely and bed was very comfortable. Lots of tea and coffee provided which was topped up each morning as well as the bins being emptied and fresh towels provided. Tv was a great little flat screen. Only negative was the tree cutting right outside my window on the first morning starting around 7am.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Croyde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My room was 'ok' apart from the mould patch on the ceiling and the window that was impossible to close or open any further!
Only bar food was available and the used condom on the path to the restaurant was quite off putting. However the venue is cheap so I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2014
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I booked a single room whilst travelling on business. I was so pleasantly surprised when i got there. I had a lovely single room (student rooms) with ensuite, good television and drinks provision. Everything was clean and inviting. My ensuite had a bath and a shower which is good for a single room. It was such a good atmosphere that i decided to eat in the restaurant and didnt feel in the least uncomfortable - infact to be truthfull it felt like eating at home when i was sat comfortably watching the football with steak and chips! Prices were fair I felt and i think with a large glass of red wine and my main course for about £13 or thereabouts. I slept well on a comfortable bed in a warm room. I dont believe that there is a lift to the bedrooms for disabled access but I guess they have ground floor rooms for the disabled though i didnt ask so i would suggest ringing first to check. I had the breakfast and whilst not the cheapest at £8.50 it was the best I've had in a very long time. Thoroughly enjoyed a full english cooked and served to perfection. Would i stay there again? definately!

Room Tip: My room was next to the staircase ie. first room as you entered the corridor of rooms and there was...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We just had our wedding here an our family booked the whole block of bedrooms. some for 2 nights. very clean rooms every thing you need,bed very comfortable bed sheets an towels fresh white condition.excellent food! staff extremely helpful, the wedding was amazing perfect we was very looked after an couldn't wish for more they made our day magical in every way they could. there food is the best I ever tasted when been to a wedding.all staff very friendly an work very hard. Debbie the lady looking after us on the day was brilliant fantastic. we would highly recommend if your looking to have your wedding here you will have the perfect day.
Mr&Mrs Edmondson stayed 28&29 of may 2014 wedding was 29 may 29.05.2014.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mezz2014
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

we had our wedding service there 29th may 2014 and I have to say we had the most fantastic experience the room where the service was held was beautiful, The staff and especially Deborah who was to look after us through the day they all were very very good and confident in there job the reception was good we had ten tables the food was to die for the courtyard was there to be used although a little cold it was used throughout the day/evening the dj was very good and played all the requests we asked for .The sleeping quarters was very very clean and comfortable all in all out of a 5 star rating I do not hesitate to give all 5 stars thankyou ...mr and mrs steven and mary Edmondson

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steviejames_13
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We heid our daughter's wedding here recently and it was perfect. Whilst the weather was horrible, the whole establishment was warm and welcoming. The pre-meal reception was a good example of how to get people together. The restaurant was big enough to sit everyone comfortably but small enough to make the atmosphere intimate. The excellent food was served with care and professionalism. No-one got anything at the wrong temperature. Vegetarians were catered for as important guests and not just as an after thought. Nothing phased the staff and they were really flexible and innovative. The evening event and disco were great fun ab#nd the DJ was very responsive to his guests. The buffet was plentiful and fulfilling. Finding our room was an adventure but was part of the experience. Although I doubt if that would be a selling point. The room was comfortable and was on a par with many hotels which claim a number of stars. The bed was really comfortable, the bathroom was well equipped and the in room services were excellent. All in all, I would happily recommend The Stables as the perfct place to have a wedding reception.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 3saf
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We visited this weekend for a family wedding.
Where to start:- firstly the stables restaurant is a lovely venue, with big courtyard to sit out on a sunny day. The presentation of the room and the organisation was spot on, food was excellent.

Now the accommodation:- we stayed the night before and the night of the wedding, when we booked in we were told that we couldn't eat in the restaurant as there was another wedding on, but were recommended a local pub,( which was excellent,) but on return we were not allowed in the bar because of the wedding but could buy a bottle of wine to take to our room. Not good.
We were given a key and just told we were staying in the Old Hall, which is around 50 yards down a path from reception.
This is where the fun really starts, the place is a rabbit warren of corridors and stairs, with no clear signs and no logic as to where the rooms are. After about 10 mins of searching I went back to the receptionist who was not particularly helpful and said there were floor plans on the walls,so back I went to find that these didn't make sense at all.
Had we not had to pay immediately on checking in ( this is no doubt why you are asked to pay up front) we would have walked away and gone elsewhere. After around another 10mins we finally found our room, Eureka.
The room itself is described as budget and I would agree with that but it was very clean, with lovely comfy beds, snowy white good quality bedding and towels. So we were happy with the room but oh my goodness what a farce to find it, and have to say everyone else had a similar problem.
The building is enormous and has several entrances, but all bar one were locked which meant a route march every time you needed to go the the restaurant or the opposite way to the car park.

In summary:- please put up some clear signage and give clients a clue where to go, or better still a map.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
Best Western PLUS Pastures Hotel
The Earl of Doncaster
The Earl of Doncaster
#6 of 19 in Doncaster
Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36
Holiday Inn Express Doncaster
Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster

Been to The Stables Accommodation? Share your experiences!