“Great hotel South of Doncaster”

Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Madrid, Spain
“Great hotel South of Doncaster”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for good value, clean and modern accommodation south of Doncaster, this is it. We were very impressed. We didn't eat at the hotel, but there's a pleasant looking bar and restaurant by reception. Staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel was a bit difficult to get to as looking at a map you think Doncaster Airport is just off the M62, well, it's not because there isn't a direct road from motorway to airport.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ClareTids, Deputy General Manager at Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Sweetpea1964,

We are please to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us and we look forward to welcoming you back through our doors in the near future.

Sincerely

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
Evesham
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Cleaningness in the hotel was very poor with cobwebs in the toilet ceiling , a lot of dust on the sink on day 2 even though the room cleaners had been in on the morning . On the positive side bar staff are very friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

ClareTids, Deputy General Manager at Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Adeeb I,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I do apologise for any issues you encountered. Our staff take all feedback very seriously and we will certainly ensure that the points you have mentioned are raised with the relevant departments to ensure we work to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss your feedback with me personally I would ask that you contact the hotel directly. I do hope you will accept our apologies once again.

Deputy General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Doncaster hotels

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel because we were going on the vulcan bomber experience. It was a great location only a couple of minutes away. The staff were all really helpful and friedly. We had an evening meal in restaurant and the food was lovely. We would have given the hotel a five rating if it wasn't for the cooked breakfast being cold which was disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Joanne T,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, please accept my apologies for the breakfast being cold. I have passed your comments on to the Head Chef and we are currently in the process of changing our procedures to ensure that this does not happen again.

We look forward to welcoming you back through our doors in the future.

Sincerely

Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed before we went on our holiday flying from Doncaster and found the hotel excellent and so easy to find. Great rooms and very friendly and helpful staff. The restaurant was great, lots choice and food was excellent. I would definitely use the hotel again and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

ClareTids, Deputy General Manager at Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Lindilou1,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here with us at the Ramada Encore Doncaster. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back through our doors in the near future.

Yours sincerely
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My daughter, grandson (11 months) and I stayed at the Encore, Doncaster on the nights of 7 & 8 March. We had pre-ordered a family room with a cot. There was no cot and it was brought up with no offer to assemble it for us. Ladies on reception weren't particularly friendly. When cot was mentioned she said "did you ask for one" in a haughty tone. Then we requested an iron/ironing board. Were told we had to take them upstairs ourselves from reception. At the age of 63 I wasn't impressed that I had to carry these.
The kettle was situated very near the floor, just the right size for my grandson's hands, plus there was a wire hanging from the hairdryer within his reach. Not really a child friendly room. The receptionists also had to cover the restaurant, hence we waited a long while to order each course. My daughter ordered the cheese-board which consisted of 3 different types of Cheddar (one of which was white at the edges) and a babybell - this doesn't qualify as a cheese board. When I phoned about costs I was told it was £10 per room for breakfast, then when checking out we were told it was £10 per person.

Dear Glynis H,

I am sorry to hear you did not fully enjoy your stay with us but I would like to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to review our hotel. We take all feedback very seriously and I can assure you our team will work to improve on the areas mentioned as we are constantly working to make our guests stay an enjoyable one. If you would like to discuss your feedback with me personally please do not hesitate to contact our hotel directly.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Food in the restaurant was awful, a cheeseboard consists of a babybell and three slices of different cheddar, my sons kids meal of fish fingers was burnt and the mash was hard. My 65 year old mum had to carry her own ironing board and iron up to her room from reception. They tell you on the phone that breakfast is £10 per room, but when you check out they say its £10 per person and the breakfast comes out burnt. Do not take yound childen as the kettle is on a very low shelf and the wires hang down from the hairdryer, very dangerous for young kids. The reception staff who also work as waitresses are miserable and rude and very unhelpful. We waited nearly 20 mins for a drink whilst they were talking to each other. We requested a travel cot but was not there and the lady brought in up but didnt put it up and was really rude. The room is small and by no means should be called a family room and the bathroom absolutely stunk. The shower also kept going hot and cold and so was unable to wash my son as there is no bath. The whole experience was a nightmare and you get charged far more then what you get. I would never stay here again. The hotel staff need training on customer service and also about health and safety and how to treat elderely people. No toiletries at all

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
ClareTids, Deputy General Manager at Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Louise h,

Thank you for reviewing your stay here with us, having read your review I would greatly appreciate it if you were able to contact me via email at dgm@encoredoncaster.co.uk or alternatively you can call the hotel on 01302 718520. As I would like to discuss the service that you received further, I would like to express our deepest apologies for the customer service that you received. Here at the Ramada Encore Doncaster we strive to offer excellent customer service and when I hear of an experience like the one that you received it is something that we take very seriously.

Northumberland
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was a clean, attractive, well-located hotel with helpful staff. The restaurant and bar were good value, pleasant and had great staff. But the fire door to the next room was so thin that I heard every last gasp (literally) even though the couple themselves probably weren't that loud. I could hear every word the man said, and alot more besides at 1.30am when they got going. Pretty much a sleepless night. Oh dear!

Dear Jacqui Adams,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here with us at the Ramada Encore Doncaster. I am sorry to hear you did not fully enjoy your stay with us, we take all feedback very seriously and I can assure you our team will work to improve on the areas mentioned as we are constantly working to make our guests stay an enjoyable one. If you would like to discuss your feedback with me personally please do not hesitate to contact our hotel directly.