“Amazing safari night”

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Amazing safari night”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Loved this place at least 12 lions 2 tigers leopards giraffes wallabys lemurs baboons just to mention a few. 2 indoor play areas 1 wooden outdoor area all good fun for kids. Safari nights half price time 15.30 - 21.00. There was a full band silent fireworks so good I can't put into words my girls are 9&11 I'm 34 and my mum is 54 and I don't know who loved it the most, will definitely be going back....soon!!!!!!

• Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“YorkshireWildlifepark”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

On Thursday myself and a friend went for a meal and the wagon and horses which is 10min away from the park the meal was brilliant then we had got a offer off living social sight 2 for 1 it was an offer where there was talk about the animals which went on till 9 0,clock at nights there animals were lovely and very well looked after plenty of room to roam we saw them been fed and the rangers gave us there history thy ended up with bangles fireworks and African music it was a brillient display and as we were leaving we listened 2 the Doncaster orcestera band we were there from 2,30 till 9,o clock I would fully recommend it the safari night go on till end of august but was long but brillent day

uk
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

An excellent day out, great facilities, clean and tidy, lovely animals in very good enclosures, some you could walk through. The various talk and feelings held very regularly throughout the day were all entertaining and informative. various food outlets, food good quality and reasonably priced, again food areas clean and tidy, also around the park were situated plenty of picnic tables of you take your own, it was a very busy saturday when we visited the overflow car park was well in use, however on the park itself it did not seem crowded as theirs plenty of area people spread out over. Well worth a visit

1 Thank mark w
Sheffield, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unexpected pleasure!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Ashamed to admit I did not have any expectations of/for this attraction - yet it turned out to be absolutely fantastic! One of the best days out ever. I have been to zoos & safari parks before. Knew about the lions rescued from a Rumanian zoo & was kind of expecting a load of old knackered animals - how wrong was I???
Attended one of the 'evening safaris'. On arrival you are given a program with a map & times when a ranger will be in attendance, feed the animals & give a talk. This is a walking safari park with well maintained paths & signposts, but hiking boots are not required as the site has been very well designed.
There are a few cafes & stands offering drinks, snacks & ices [only the ice creams & lollies were overpriced], everything else is affordable. there are plenty of areas to picnic, so you could bring your own food & I saw quite a few people put out little table cloths & then their own food.
The meerkats & mongeese were a pleasure to watch - especially at feeding time, tho I struggled to hear some of the rangers/keepers commentary. The lions were much more interesting than i'd anticipated. Being close to all the animals was quite remarkable - most notably the tigers & giraffes. There were even a couple of [accompllshed] guitarists & a singer in the leopard viewing tower. The absolute best experience of the evening was the lemurs, lots of them & they are in their own enclosure which you can walk around as long as you keep to the designated paths. The lemurs are used to humans & do NOT keep off the paths - joy! Two baby ringtailed lemurs were there too, racing round tormenting their father, without any concerns about the human watchers. If you don't understand how amazing that is you should check the reaction at Longleat zoo - where they have only just 'produced' their first baby lemur..
The park also supports conservation in the wild.
I would highly recommend this to everyone of all ages. Even if you have mobility issues &/or use a wheelchair everything except the leopard tower is accessible.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“fantastic place”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I can't believe we have this amazing wildlife park on our doorstep. It is just the most fabulous day out! The food on sale isn't even that expensive either. I shall keep returning because I just love it!!

Visited July 2013