Rigsby's Guest House Doncaster
US$82
  • Restaurant
US$55
Travelodge
All reviewswhite roomland ladylovely guesthousefriendly catsus feel at homegreat landladymain bus routewalking distance to town centrefresh milkfull english breakfastcomfortable bedsvisit familytwin roomgreat place to staynight's sleepfollowing morningstayed for one night
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Plus points - good breakfast and near to town centre, host Liza very friendly.
Bad points - prostitutes, prostitutes and prostitutes- cleanliness - value -
Prostitutes are a problem they badgered my boyfriend when he went to the shop and even if you override this they are out there all night shouting. Liza does her best to stop them but were a problem for us. Cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired and like a previous reviewer, Liza is very forgetful when it comes to prices, fortunately I had evidence of how much she said the room would be. Unable to recommend mainly on the grounds the cost of the room is not good value. I would recommend bringing your own towels.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicola A
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stayed at this lovely B&B with my boyfriend for a weekend break.
£55 for the night in the best room in the house, giant kingsize bed, french style furniture, fireplace, own bathroom and everything else you might possibly need.
Lizzy was lovely, on hand if we wanted anything or just for a chat, made us the best breakfast we'd had in ages and sent us off with a snack for the way home.
Honestly couldn't ask for more, cheaper and much better than the holiday and premier inn, would recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lollypop1208
Reviewed 12 May 2013

The world needs more Lizzies, how refreshing to have a proper old school landlady who was so welcoming, happy and chatty, made me realize just how soulless the big chain hotels are. Bed was comfy, room was clean and I got to sleep with Paddington Bear! Cracking breakfast accompanied by an in house singing comedienne..... I don't think I have ever laughed that much at 9am. I'd go back again even if it was just to see Lizzie, eclectic, eccentric just my kinda gal x Kate Leach

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KittyLeach
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Fantastic, quirky, full of character and as mad as a box of frogs. And that`s just Lizzie. An excellent night in a great house, with as much character as it`s owner. Lizzie makes you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. Spacious and comfortable room with everything you could possibly need and first class breakfast. Thanks Lizzie, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tracey C
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with my mum and from the moment we walked in we felt welcomed by Lizzie. Yes she has 2 rats plastic ones along with a few other novelty items and characters which all fitted and gave the guest house it's character. I have stayed in other b&bs and not felt as welcomed as I did staying here. Yes the rooms dont have keys but you can lock the door from the inside when in the room and when you aren't in the room common sense tells you not to leave anything valuable in it. Breakfast was lovely and Lizzie will make what you want and will also ask what time you want it. Room was lovely and clean nothing to moan about . The ladies of the night that have been mentioned before we saw a couple but they quickly get moved on by the police. Would highly recommend this b&b you won't be disappointed .

• Stayed: May 2013