“Another lovely week at rigsbys with Tracy the lady who is now in charge.”

Rigsby's Guest House Doncaster
Ranked #2 of 24 Doncaster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Another lovely weeks stay at rigsbys in Doncaster, Tracy is now running the place and she is doing a really great job. She is lovely and friendly and very helpful. There is going to be a few changes to the decor and bathrooms, these will only serve to enhance a great b and b even more, I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast it's really nice and clean and the cooked breakfasts are superb. Enjoy x

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed one night, Sat 12th oct 2013 whilst we were attending Tattoo Jam at Doncaster Racecourse. We were made welcome as soon as we walked through the door. The landlady asked if we needed anything extra and was very helpful throughout our stay, giving us a taxi number to get us to the exhibition and taking our breakfast orders for the next day. The room was ample for our needs and pleasantly decorated (i even had a little rubber duck on my bedside table) and we had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was good, we had no problems with our stay and if we ever have a reason to stay in Doncaster again we will definitely return to Rigsby's.

Lee & Claire - Satisfied guests.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night as we had a funeral to attend locally. Lizzie is an amazing character and nothing is too much trouble. When discussing breakfast on our arrival I mentioned my liking for fried bread (not healthy I know but nice!). it duly appeared on my plate the next morning! The room was amazing, beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and with our own bathroom - amazing value for money. Lizzie loves a chat, is always friendly and always willing to help. Sadly for Rigsbys, her many satisfied customers on this site and for the trade in general she is shortly leaving for a very well deserved rest. I wish I had had more opportunies to sample the great 'Lizzie hospitality'. Good luck Lizzie!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gill M
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed one night 20th July 2013. Made very welcome by Liz, had good night's sleep and good breakfast next morning. Very clean and spacious room on 1st floor. Excellent pub few hundred yards along the road with good food and ambience. Some reviews have mentioned ' women of the night' outside but we did not see any. Even if we had it would not have affected the review on our stay at this B & B, why should it..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Used this bed and breakfast as it was fairly near to the Doncaster racecourse. Lizzy was there to great us and show us to our lovely bedroom which had a king size bed, 2 wardrobes, chests of drawers and still loads of space, very airy and calming in cream and pale green with a nice bay window to look out of. Cooked English breakfast with help yourself to toast and cereals. Lizzie noticed that I had used the small packet of special k, so bought a big packet for me to use the following day, so thoughtful. To describe Lizzie is a little difficult to explain, cheerful, chatty a little eccentric but very thoughtful and caring, funny with her tales of when she had been a singer on the circuit. Yes she had a stuffed rat by the front door and witches on chairs,a soft toy frog, dog, teddy and monkey (which somehow managed to be wearing my slippers one night) all in the room. She was a breath of fresh air and as mad as a hatter sometimes but we loved it and would stay there again. We did notice a lady of the night around but she was soon moved on by police who appeared to be watching the area very frequently but as this did not interfere with us it was not a problem. Loved the town centre and Cosmos restaurant. Lizzie allowed people to take back food and use her dining room facilities if they wanted to.

Room Tip: We stayed in the cream room, only drawback is the your bathroom is on the same landing next to room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Just stayed for another weeks course with lizzie, as per usual lizzie was superb and really looked after me, I was eating a specific cereal and she went out and bought a new box when it got a bit low and another friend on our course wanted porridge, lizzie went straight out and bought it that day, she always goes the extra mile for her guests, thanks lizzie hope to c u again soon.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Viv-jonesx
Reviewed 3 June 2013

helpful and trusting, i phoned lizzy last minute.com,, so helpful as one of my busses has a problem and the driver needed a room for the night, she gave us piece of mind and let us pay for the room the next day,, and was very friendly toard derek the driver, very relaxed and homely,,, would defantly use again next time, 1st choice,

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business