“Very good. Would definitely recommend.”

Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I travel a lot on business within the Uk, and thought I would try Best Western again for business despite a few poor experiences, and booked the Mount Pleasant, Doncaster. One of the best hotels I have stayed at in the UK and will be booking again next month. Nice decor, prompt service from all staff starting with check-in and including bar/restaurant. Got a free upgrade to an excellent room which was both spacious and well appointed. One of the comfiest beds ever. Tv was a bit small which was the only minor complaint. Food was nicely done (risotto ai funghi), and a reasonable wine list. Free wifi.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Many thanks for your review of the hotel. It so pleasing to hear when people have enjoyed their stay with us and look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed 19 June 2011

We met up with family fro a weekend.

We loved it, very friendly staff and very very helpful. Food was superb, exceptional actually.

Lovely spacious room.

This is a great hotel and we stay in quite a few!

Chris and Sue Rhodes

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2011

Many thanks for your excellent feedback, such a pleasure to hear when you have had a great time I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards
Richard Tyas
richard@mountpleasant.co.uk

Reviewed 17 June 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Premier Mount Pleasant hotel two weeks ago. And all I can say to describe our stay is Amazing!!!!

We stayed in a room they call the Sanctuary room and believe me this room really lives up to its name!!

When we entered the hotel we were instantly greeted and made to feel welcome! the service was fantastic and the staff are really helpful. After checking in we were taken to our room and given a tour of the amazing suite.

The suite had a magnificent four poster bed, a big flat screen tv, a sofa and writing area, all of the highest quality and just looked amazing.

However, this was nothing as once we entered the bathroom we could not believe how amazing it was!! with a six foot square two person jacuzzi hot tub type bath, an infra red sauna, twin basins and a huge shower all of the highest quality it made you feel like a king!!! It was covered in marble and granite and was like nothing I have ever seen before, even in some of the 5 star hotels me and my wife have stayed in.

After getting over our amazing room we decided to go for some tea in the hotels restaurant and again it was far from disappointing! The choice was excellent, the servings were generous, the food was fantastic and the price was very reasonable!

Overall this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in and everybody deserves to experience the sanctuary room like we did. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get the Sanctuary room!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2011

Many thanks for your excellent feedback I shall convey all of your feedback to the staff. I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

Stayed one night on business. The room was fantastic. Large airey, brilliant bathroom, very large soft bed, good office/desk space, altogether better than I had expected.
Dinner was well organised by efficient staff. Food was hot, tasty and cooked absolutley to perfection including the veg!
Good night's sleep on super comfy bed followed by good breakfast again with great staff.
Meeting room was great, lunch again very tasty. Could not fault the hotel, the facilities, the staff, the rooms or the food....all spot on!
Throw in free Wi Fi and a handy rural location and this place is a winner. All who attended our meeting agreed it was the best venue we had used for a very long time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Thank you very much for writing your review. i was very pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and meeting, I shall pass your comments through to all the staff and look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2011

We stayed in this hotel for two nights in April when we were visiting family in Doncaster. The hotel is great. The public areas are excellent and the staff were really helpful and we really enjoyed the breakfast - I has a great piece of smoked haddock. However the really great thing about this hotel was the bedroom. We had booked an executive double. The room was really big. The bed was really comfortable and the room had a great sitting area with sofa and chair. The bathroom was large and really well equipped. This was the best hotel room I have ever stayed in - especially for the price. We were at the back of the hotel and the room was beautifully quiet. We had a great night's sleep.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wrecktor
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2011

May I thank you for providing your excellent feedback. I have passed all of your comments through to all the staff and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2011

came thursday evening, booked into reception of which the staff were very pleasant and was shown to my room, what a suprise its huge, usual flat screen big tv on the wall with sky sports as a free option not pay to view, had a quick shower and down to the restaurant, must admit its a fair trek from the room, but the choice on the menu was extensive and superb quality, "highly recomended" fully bloated into the bar area for a pint and a read of the paper, great service. time for bed and a good nights sleep. early rise full cooked breakfast again great food well served and quick too. checked out with a friendly smile from the staff what a view of open country side and woodland so close to the town centre will be staying here again

Room Tip: book an exec suite you wont be disapointed
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

May I thank you for providing the excellent feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 May 2011

We were stopping at the hotel for a wedding, which I must say was marshalled and conducted very well by the hotel staff.

We checked in and despite the hotel being fully booked, the check in was easy and efficient, I was surprised to be told that my card would be debited on check in as I was on a B and B basis, not a problem, but this (and as a very frequent traveller) I found unusual.
Upon getting to the room I must say that my wife and I were very impressed by the room, it was a bit Laura Ashley for my taste, but was well appointed and comfy; on a slightly negative note the TV channel selection could do with a little expansion. We were on the front of the hotel and without it really bothering me, the road noise could be an issue for a light sleeper.

The hotel was generally well appointed, plenty of car parking and actually had a proper late residents bar, an unusual feature nowadays.

The food offering was also very good, with the lamb rack being excellent; one criticism could be slight dryness of the food left under the pass lamps too long before being served.

The breakfast was very good and the quality of the food also very good, but various elements of the breakfast had been left under the heater lamps / pass too long again and were a little dry. I also felt that finishing serving breakfast at 10 am on a Sunday was a little early.

One point of issue is one that generally befalls most chain hotels is the quality in depth of the staff, this is not to criticise any individual or single issue, but typical examples: can I have some mint sauce please, yes, never see the waiter again, spending a little too long elsewhere when the bar is full of customers, serving a pint of beer that was about 30 / 40 mm short of the top of the glass and not recognising that it may not be acceptable.

Overall, an excellent well run hotel and would I stop there again – yes, would I recommend it yes..

Room Tip: Book a suite - great value for money
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your kind review of the hotel. I have passed your feedback to all members of the hotel, and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel personally in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
The Earl of Doncaster
The Crown Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bawtry
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Doncaster

Been to Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!