“Lovely hotel to stay at”

Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This was a lovely hotel to stay at just out side Doncaster in a quite location. Lots of character and spacious room. Would stay again if in the area. Friendly staff and good food

We were upgraded too!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear peter26162

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review with regards to your recent to Mount Pleasant.

I shall certainly ensure that your comments are passed trough to the team here at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Me, my wife, daughter and her boyfriend went for an Afternoon Tea, followed by a Spa treatment. On arrival we were left standing in the reception while our table was prepared. After quite a long wait, (45 mins) we were served our Afternoon Tea, which was very good and enjoyed by us all. Twice we had to go to find someone to ask for a refill of tea/coffee as there didn't seem to be enough staff? The spa treatment was a real treat and the Spa staff were very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Jaguarxj634

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback with regards to your recent visit to the hotel.

Please accept my apologies for any delay in receiving your afternoon tea and I was glad to read that you enjoyed it.

Regards

Reviewed 14 October 2013

A beautiful hotel and restaurant. I took my wife to dinner there on our wedding anniversary. The meal, menu choices, service, ambience and surroundings all meant we had a superb evening. A few days later I treated my wife to two hours of pampering treatment, she elected to have a pedicure, manicure, back massage and facial. She was delighted with the treatment and she remarked how lovely the ladies doing the treatments were. We then had dinner and an overnight stay. Our room was very nice indeed. Again the dinner was excellent, as was the service. If I have one problem it is that you get 5 star food and 2 star wine. The wine selections must have had a 400% markup, they were screw-top, nondescript and of dubious quality unless you were going to pay a lot of money. I would suggest the hotel gets in Clarets, Riojas and the like which aren't too expensive and are for the most part consistently good. I won't mark them down for that, it's intended to be helpful advice. once they deal with their wine problem they'll go from excellent to perfect!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear IvorD

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback with regards to your recent stay at the hotel, I was very pleased to read that you had such a nice stay. I shall ensure that your feedback is passed through to all members of the team here at the hotel.

In respect of your comment with regard to wine and the wine list we do stock over 65 wines at the hotel which does include a Claret and Rioja , I can certainly ensure that these wines are competitively priced and certainly not close to your comment of a 400%markup, the screw top is unfortunately something that a lot of the producers have now opted for, I can assure that we personally have tasted and selected all of the wines on our list.

Once again thank you for taking the time to place your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night during a business trip last week and it was just wonderful. Reception was friendly and hassle-free. On arrival to my room I realised I had been given a complimentary upgrade.

The room was absolutely stunning and I ordered room service which was prompt and the food delicious. Even more pleasing was the fact I had Sky Sports in my room, so I spent the evening there!

I had some issues with the shower in the morning but called reception and they were at my room almost immediately when they fixed the issue promptly.

Overall I absolutely loved this hotel and whilst I live in London I would definitely return to this hotel for pleasure! I had a look at an unoccupied spa room and definitely think I will return!

Thanks to the hotel for making a usual boring business trip, very pleasant indeed!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear S4abby85

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay at the hotel.

I was delighted to read your review on all aspects of the hotel and that you had such a nice stay even on business , please accept my apologies with regard to your shower malfunction but was pleased that it was sorted so promptly.

I do hope that you will return to make a stay in one our Spa Suites and look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This Hotel is never a dissapointment with constant high standards. We has a spotless comfortable bedroom and both dinner and breakfast were superb. Book in advance on the Best Western website and you can get some great deals.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Iain

Thank you for taking the time to post your review with regards to your recent stay at the hotel.

I was delighted to read your feedback with regards to your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Highly recommend the SANCTUARY SUITE, on arrival reception very helpful, first view of room, EXCELLENT, loved the whole theme around the hotel, and noted that it was immaculate in all areas.The duty manager was helpful and ever so polite, even making sure we had a nice location whilst dining. Meal was flawless and not over priced. The quietness was tranquil as was the setting within the room, with the en suite facilities. The chocolates are delicious also. The total price was fair for how nice our stay was. As a regular traveller, this is one hotel, we we most certainly return too. Its nice to go to a hotel and find it faultless, and more important the staff are all lovely. THANKYOU

Room Tip: sanctuary suite is a must, has tranquil setting and comfort.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear anita m

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent experience at the hotel.

I was highly delighted to read such wonderful comments and shall certainly ensure that all your comments are passed through to all members of the team here at the hotel.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

My partner and I booked a Junior Suite for our stay and ended up in room 278 which was lovely, the bed was so comfortable and it had a cosy little sitting area. It was quite warm in the room despite none of the radiators being on so we did need to keep the windows open. We ate in the Garden Restaurant, my partner had steak and I had the chicken, stuffed with herb mousse. Both were really tasty. We had a couple of drinks in the bar and an early night as we went to Yorkshire Wildlife park the following day. As I wasn't feeling well, my partner went for breakfast without me and said it was gorgeous. A really lovely stay and we would definitely return. Staff are attentive and professional and the hotel was clean with lovely decor and a great atmosphere. Very good value for money. We didn't see the spa or swimming pool and therefore are unable to comment but I'm sure if they are anything like the rest of the hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear 160193

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review with regard to your recent visit to the hotel.

It is always such a pleasure to read such a fantatstc review, I shall ensure that your feedback is passed through to all members of the team here at the hotel.

Richard Tyas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
The Earl of Doncaster
Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport
The Regent Hotel
The Regent Hotel
#12 of 19 in Doncaster

Been to Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!