“One of the best BW's in the UK”

Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
GreenLeadersSilver level
Solihull
“One of the best BW's in the UK”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed the experience. Lovely room. Excellent food in the Rosette graded restaurant. Staff who smile as though they mean it. Very efficient service. Handy for Doncaster airport and not far from the racecourse.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear SolihullBob

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent feedback with regards your stay at the hotel.

All guest feedback is very important to us and certainly your excellent review reassures that what we are providing is of the right standard. Thank you for the comment with regard to the staff and smiling.

It was a pleasure to read your feedback and certainly I shall ensure that all members of the team read this.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Richard Tyas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Recently visited the mount pleasant hotel for an evening meal me and my husband stayed for 2 nights

The rooms are absolutely gorgeous and very clean.

We ate in the restaurant both nights I must say the first night fantastic the meal and service fantastic second night I had the fish and I'm afraid wasn't good.

The waitress who served us I think was called Lorraine she was amazing and couldn't fault her. Breakfast was ok but not a 4 star breakfast.

I will be returning amazing

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Caggie1234

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review with regards to your stay at the hotel.

I was very pleased to read your comments with regards to your stay and that you enjoyed the facilities and service.

I shall pass your feedback through to all members of the team but unfortunately not a 'Lorraine' but will ensure all the Breakfast Staff are aware of your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Edwinstowe
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have just returned from our second stay at this hotel and we cannot wait to return. Reception staff are very efficient & friendly making check in a pleasure. The room was amazing, very well furnished, very large comfortable bed, a nice comfy settee, mini fridge with complimentary spring water, a safe in the wardrobe, tea, coffee etc with biscuits, flatscreen tv with lots of freeview stations and the bathroom !!! well, we loved it, a large walk in shower, 2 ended large bath, nice soft fluffy large towels & robes & very nice free toiletries. But the best thing is the blue twinkly lights that come on in the night so you do not need to turn any lights on for a visit of nature. The hotel has beautiful grounds & is very close to Doncaster Races & a nice walk (or bus) into lovely Bawtry which has some lovely pubs & restaurants to visit. We stayed 2 nights B & B & the breakfast's were really nice, I had smoked salmon with scrambled eggs both mornings, it was delicious. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone for a relaxing break, you will have everything you need for a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back if there is a wedding on.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Glen1152

Thank you for taking the time to write your review with regards to your stay at the hotel.

It was so nice to read that we rank as your favourite hotel and that you have found your stays and the facilities so enjoyable, I shall ensure your feedback is passed through to all members of my team here at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you personally back to the hotel in the near future.

berkshire
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Admittedly booked late during horse sale period, and was told that all that was available was a cottage with two rooms. Cottage is about 200 meters from hotel and looks ok from outside. I was with a colleague and we shares the cottage which had two bedrooms a lounge, kitchen and utility area. Reception staff fairly efficient but lacking warmth. Room looked OK but I ended up having a terrible night's sleep. WHole cottage was too hot as was my room. So I turned off the radiator, which then produced a noise like a running shower quite loud, and constant. So in the end I had to turn heating back on and open windows, which meant that the traffic noise from the main road was intrusive. On check out, I asked to see the manager and complained about the whole experience, and to my astonishemnt he did not give a toss. Just nodded , said something about contacting reception ( by the way the phones did not work properly in the room either and there was no wi fi).
Very surprised by manager's reaction ( or lack thereof). I have always liked this hotel's rooms and would suggest that if you stay there, do not stay in the cottages.
Furthermore breakfast was well cooked but service was very amateurish.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank horsedeal
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear horsedeal

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay in the cottages here at the hotel.

I was a little surprised to read your review with regards to your stay, obviously I was disappointed to both hear and read that you experienced a problem with the cottage being too warm, and it appears that my sincere apology at the time was not accepted or recognised.

As was discussed at the time I did ask the question with regard to calling reception so as we could have the opportunity to send the duty manager over to you rectify any problem or turn down the main thermostat, but you said that you did not want to do that. I was not aware of any issue with regards to breakfast service or wifi as you certainly did not mention this during our conversation.

Again my apologies for the cottage being too warm hopefully you will enjoy your next visit to us.

Regards

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 1 night for our anniversary. We are 2 ordinary people on lower wage so this was a treat for the both of us and we traveled up from Norfolk for a few days away. We booked room 271 The Sanctuary Suite.
Upon arrival at the hotel we were about half an hour early (14:30) but the receptionist checked on the computer and we were checked in early at no extra cost. We were instructed to settle ourselves into the room and then at our own convenience, call down to reception and someone would come and show us how to use the hot-tub and sauna.
The room was very large and cleaned to a high standard. Fantastic bed, sauna, shower and of course hot tub.
We called down to reception and within less than 5 minutes, we were shown how to use the hot tub and sauna. this did feel a bit rushed and actually, i had to ring back the reception after having issues with the hot tub. However, again within minutes i was shown the error of my ways and happy again.
The hot tub itself takes about an 40-50 minutes to fill (the water must be at least 2-3 inches above the highest jet). We did have a few issues with the hot tub. Firstly i didn't think much to the control panels, a few of the knobs were loose or broken and simply rested back on. Secondly and this was rather annoying, the bath must be filled to a certain height for the jets to work. Now i am approximately 15 stone and my girlfriend is around 12-13, so not the largest of people, but with the water filled to the needed level, as soon as we got in the tub the water rose to above the overflow. This would have been fine, but the overflow was not a particularly large or fast drain away. The thing to be most cautious of is that the black ledge running round the top of the bath is not actually sealed, so all of the excess water went between this gap and promptly soaked the floor. I would have been perfectly happy if this had of been explained to me beforehand, so i didn't have to spend the next 15 minutes mopping up.
Third bath issue was that when i had spent an hour filling the bath, i turned the jets on and rather a lot of black sediment appeared, so i emptied the bath and re-filled it only to discover the same issue, so i think perhaps it is due a service/clean.
The sauna is the first ever one i have had, and i loved it. The controls are fairly easy to get to grips with just by playing about or if you like there are instructions. haha. The only disappointment is that the sauna has speakers, but no i pod dock. the only way you could have music is to pre-load an SD card (full size) with songs and use the SD slot on the control panel, however i don't think this would be approved of highly by the hotel.
Similarly there are 2 forms of i-pod dock in the room, one portable and one built into the speakers in the room ceiling. unfortunately, this doesn't extend into the bathroom, but obviously this is where you could use the portable. The main ceiling dock, as far as i could determine only has a dock for an i-pod or 2 phono auxilary socket. So if you are planning to use an i-phone with lightning connector, other make of phone, or mp3 player, you will need the appropriate adapter or 3.5mm jack to twin phono lead.
The tv was a touch on the small side, i stayed at a premier inn the night before and the tv was much larger. Not an issue until it comes to watching tv from bed when it shows up its small size.
The curtains looked as though they were in need of an update, some of them were looking rather thread bare.
Finally and its just being picky, there was a bulb out in the bathroom, and beware there is no bathroom or toilet door, so you need to be comfortable with each other :).
My review has been rather moan-ey however, i am simply trying to help others have the best possible stay, because this is a fantastic room and the amount you get for the money is by far the best value i could find on the internet. My only other recommendation would be to pre-book your dinner and breakfast to save a little on expense.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Simon P
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Simon P

Thank you for taking the time to write a most thorough review of your recent stay at the hotel.

I was pleased overall that you enjoyed your stay in Sanctuary suite and certainly have Noted all the constructive points of your review, and have relayed both these and the praise to all the team here at the hotel.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

First niggle - upon enquiring to book for Sunday lunch got told that we had to pay in full up front! Never encountered this practice before - just usually a deposit required at good quality hotels. Anyway arrived - lovely looking hotel and gardens. Anyway after giving our order to a miserable looking waiter we was seated in the nice dining room. FOOD: 2 in our party ordered the prawn & crayfish starter - never seen a portion so small !!! (Too the point we wondered if they had run out of starters to serve) But 2 of our party ordered the twice baked cheese soufflé which was very nice. Then most of our party had roast beef & Yorkshire pudding, which all came cold, the veg was hot but one small dish between 5 of us was no way sufficient, not one of us could have had one of everything, being polite I just helped myself to 3 carrots, 3 mange tout and one tiny piece of cauliflower - for 4 adults and one child this was un acceptable. Anyway that aside the desserts where lovely. Service was poor, took our starters away whilst I was still eating, not ONCE did anyone come and ask if everything was ok, we even had to go find a waitress to ask for more drinks !! Shall we return - no ! Should we have complained - yes - but we got the overall impression they wasn't bothered so didn't seem much point! Note to ones self - book the Crown Hotel in Bawtry in plenty of advance !!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 197240
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear 197240

Thank you for taking the time to post your review with regards to your recent visit to the hotel.

I did try to contact you via the direct message service within Trip Advisor but with no success as we were trying to identify which party you were from the day and the user name in here makes it difficult.

I was obviously disappointed to read your feedback with regards to your experience, firstly may I clarify that we request full payments on the special dates throughout the year i.e Easter Sunday, Mothers day etc and not normal Sunday's, this is both from a customer experience and in guaranteeing the booking but also from a staff perspective as it does ease service on the day.

I was surprised to read that you didn't think that our portion sizes were adequate, and that the Roast Beef was cold as this is freshly roasted and then carved at the table, certainly I do agree that hospitality checks should have been carried out by my Food service staff and the Restaurant Manager and please accept my sincere apologies that this service fell short of our own expectations.

As I said previously my sincere apologies that service fell short of your expectation and I do hope that you will reconsider your decision to visit the hotel in the near future.

Richard Tyas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
Premier Inn Doncaster (Lakeside) Hotel
Whitley Hall Hotel
Whitley Hall Hotel
#2 of 53 in Sheffield
Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport

Been to Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!