“Anniversary Celebration”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Durham, United Kingdom
“Anniversary Celebration”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for our 40th. wedding anniversary because of its location, near our family. We stayed in an executive suite with D B&B and were more than satisfied with the room and service. Although several weddings were being catered for during the weekend we were never disturbed by noise or any other activities. Evening meals and lunch were excellent but the buffet breakfast was disappointing being too far away from the dining room and served lukewarm food on cold plates.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

MPH1938, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 20 October 2014
Dear John S

Thank you for your review following your recent visit.

I'm pleased you enjoyed all the facilities the Mount pleasant have to offer, I have taken notes regarding the issue of luke warm plates at breakfast to ensure this doesn't happen in future.

Best regards

Richard Tyas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
rotherham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Visited this hotel for a wedding recently. Excellent venue for a wedding amazing food and everything you new for a wedding.
One down side would be the size of the bed it was a lovely room with a nice four poster bed but being tall I struggled to sleep and the length of the bed was small and the high bed end prevented me from being able to strerch out and get comfy for s good nights sleep. I spent all night from 2.30am awake which made the next day very tiring.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
MPH1938, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Matt J

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

It was a pleasure to read your comments with regards to the wedding celebration that you attended.

I was obviously slightly disappointed with regards to your personal comfort in regards to your bed comfort my apologies that this was not to your satisfaction, having looked into this a little further I do believe that you were allocated our 'Princess & the Pea Suite' which is an antique 4 poster bed which fortunately or unfortunately is high mattress bed with steps up to it, and as an antique is slightly shorter than the more modern bed which obviously suits some people and not other taller people. If you had brought this to our attention at the time when you saw the room we could certainly have looked at the possibility of moving you to a different Junior Suite had we one available at the time.

Thank you once again for providing the invaluable feedback and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We came to stay overnight with our 3 grandchildren as a package deal as we were going off to the Wildlife Park the next day. Our family room was spacious and of an excellent standard. We especially liked that the staff had put out each of the children a bale of their own towels and put the complimentary toiletries on top.We didnt have our evening meal in the hotel only because we had 3 very excitable children and didnt want to spoil it for others although they arnt badly behaved, just may have been noisy. We did however eat breakfast in the hotel and the staff were very patient and understanding with the children.I was treated by my husband to the spa for a treatment and the lady was very friendly and professional. Cant wait to stay again in November.

Room Tip: Family rooms are massive
Green Features: energy saving lighting controls.Own laundry room. Do not submit towels if they havent been used.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gillbradwell
Dear Gillbradwell

Thank you for the time to review your recent stay.

It was pleasure to read your feedback of your stay here at the hotel. I was pleased to read that you and your grandchildren felt so welcome. I am sure that your grandchildren would not have disturbed anyone else even as excited as they were to be going to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park.

I hope that your Spa treatment in Therapie our Beauty Salon relaxed you and thank you for the comments with regards to the staff which I have relayed.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in November.

Buckie, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for a visit to the Vulcan in the Sky hangar at Robin Hood Airport (really ex-RAF Finningley). Mount Pleasant is a lovely hotel with character just 10 minutes from the airport offering something special. Upgraded to an executive room we had plenty of room to float around in and the evening meal and breakfast in the hotel restaurant were excellent and great value. Even through there was a wedding at the hotel on the evening we stayed we were hardly aware of it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Andrew G
Dear AndrewG

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

I was so pleased to read your excellent review of the hotel and that you enjoyed your visit to the Vulcan.

I will ensure that your feedback is relayed to all members of the team here at the hotel and certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the wedding of some friends of mine, so they persuaded me to book one of the grand (and expensive) suites. Unfortunately, mid-July is probably not the best time to take advantage of a sauna or jacuzzi bath - although this is not the fault of the hotel!
At £199 per night, I felt the room was overpriced - despite the heat, there was no air-conditioning, only a small fan - and the room overlooked the busy main road, so having the windows open was difficult. I appreciated the DVD player and the separate seating area was cosy. The bedroom itself was a good size and comfortable. However, I thought maintenance and attention to detail was a bit poor - one of the bedside lamps didn't work & the crowning glory was finding a sanitary towel under a chair - thankfully not a used one(!)
Breakfast was adequate without being amazing - service was unhurried, despite the restaurant being virtually empty. Remember to ask specifically if you want more than one rasher of bacon, sausage, egg etc. On the second morning, the continental buffet selection was virtually empty and was not replenished.
I didn't have dinner, but the evening menu looked pricey.
Breakfast finished at 10am, so I thought that the check-out time of 10.30am was rather early - considering check-in was not until 3pm - as they certainly weren't giving the rooms a thorough clean/tidy during that extended period!
In short, stay here if you need to - or if someone else is paying - but there's better to be had out there for that sort of money.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Firstguy72
Dear Firstguy72

Thank you for taking the time to post your review with regards to your recent stay at the hotel.

I was disappointed to read your review and please accept my apologies that everything was not to your satisfaction.

With regards to the room and pricing I do believe that we represent value for money in terms of the facilities offered with in the bathroom Japanese style air bath, Heated Loungers, Mirror TV in addition to the separate lounge with TV and DVD player as well as the bedroom with its Antique Half Tester Bed.

Certainly my apologies that my Housekeeping Team missed the item under the sofa and that the bed side lamp did not work and had this been brought to our attention we would have assured that this was corrected immediately.

In respect of Breakfast I am sure that if you had highlighted that you needed a speedy breakfast certainly the staff would have reacted and ensured that your request was fulfilled.

Thank you for all your feedback it is of great value to us to help us review and improve our product.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Be prepared to check out earlier! You have to be out the rooms and checked out by 10am and breakfast finishes at 10 which doesn't leave enough time. Plus it's also an inconvenience when you've attended an event the night before!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank KateyAM
Dear KateyAM

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments with regard to the check out time.

Just to clarify that check out time is 10.30am. We have operated check out at this time for a number of years but constantly review this as a matter of course.

Your feedback is very important to us as a company in order that we can consistently review and improve our product.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We came for a wedding, was perfect location and had lovely grounds. Food was lovely, breakfast service was a bit manic had to wait a while to recieve tea and toast but Joe our waiter was very nice. Rooms are lovely and spacious and bathrooms kept very clean. If your staying in room 136 be ready to sleep on a concrete mattress. Overall a nice stay, would recommend to anyone for a wedding.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear KateyAM

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay.

It was a pleasure to read your positive feedback with regards to the hotel. Breakfast on the weekends can be a little busy for us too, I was pleased that the staff looked after you so well and have relayed this to the whole food service team as unfortunately we do not employ anyone called 'Joe', but certainly your comments are most welcome with regards service.

Thank you for the recommendation and I do hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Richard Tyas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
Premier Inn Doncaster (Lakeside) Hotel
Whitley Hall Hotel
Whitley Hall Hotel
#3 of 53 in Sheffield
Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!