Lowest prices for your stay
Mercure
£55
£55
Vio.com
£48
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 February 2024

The hotel itself isn't terrible. The staff were friendly. I had a standard room, modern bathroom, looked lovely, but shower and bathroom taps leaked every time the room above used their bath/shower. So obviously aesthetics over decent plumbing on the bathrooms!The lock on the bedroom door was questionable at best, it was obvious the door had been forced at some point and broken locks replaced! Didnt fill me with confidence. The Breakfast was OK (dont expect even a choice of how you want your eggs its scrambled or nothing!) but cooked to order, which is a bonus.
The worst thing about this hotel is its in a very run down town and some of their residents, who im assuming are living here through emergency housing plans represent this, no respect for anyone else, shouting and screeching in hallways in the early hours. I expect the homeless man who sits on the steps of the next door building outside would have at least been more respectful had he been ever offered a room!
I wouldn't return, I'd rather stay 30 miles out of town and commute in than stay anywhere near the centre of Doncaster again! Felt very unsafe both in and out of the hotel. Awful place! Feel sorry for the hotel, think they're fighting a losing battle. Its one of the worst Mercure I've stayed in, it's grimy, stains on curtains,carpets you dont want to put your fet on etc, but the FOH seem to be doing their best, but even when here as a place to sleep when away for business, its not a place you can relax!

Room tip: If you don't mind a half hour drive stay at the Mercure Kenwood Hall in Sheffield instead, commute into Doncaster, similar price, much better
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2024

Told deputy manager no heating she told me she already knew half of the hotel hasn't got heating came down stairs she had all reception full of drug addicts falling all over.
young lad running up and down the hall way like a rhino pubes all in the bed
Was told I had a double bed which I what I payed for it was it was 2 singles put into one and I asked her before I checked in and was told it was a double
Then asked for head office contact for her to point blank refuse I ast her to say that om video for her to then ignore me and mumble unde her breathe it's all on cctv like you said I want a refund immediately I have now contacted head office also and emailed a solicitor and it's an absolute dive run by kids.
Door was hanging off also to be told yes I already know ot was kicked in 2 weeks prior I have hot all pictures.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank asbestosr
Reviewed 16 January 2024

Hotel and rooms are average, but the attentiveness of every member of staff is the best I’ve ever experienced.

Very welcoming, Nothing a problem, felt like they wanted to give me the best experience possible.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2023

What a brilliant experience we've had at the Mecure Doncaster! After a stressful train cancellation we quickly booked this hotel and were met with the most accommodating and helpful staff member, Jordan. He really couldn't do enough for us and was very professional.
Bedrooms were comfy and well equipped. The breakfast was also brilliant, again, Jordan couldn't do enough to cater to mine and my celiac partners needs.

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunshine732577
Reviewed 27 November 2023 via mobile

Check in was quick and easy and given a key card for room.....there was a £25 damage deposit to pay which was fully refundable.
Room.....was quite dated but adequate, the bathroom was lovely, totally refurbished and modern with huge shower and big bottles of shower gel.
Bed was really comfy with nice crisp bedding and plenty of pillows.
Location.... excellent, right in the middle of Doncaster, ideal for shopping or a night out.
Staff all really friendly.
Only disappointment was when we came in at 11.30 pm we wanted a night cap and the bar didn't have any spirits?!...would expect to be able to get a drink in a hotel bar. That being said would stay again if in the area.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dylan Barnett, General Manager at Mercure Doncaster Danum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2023

Dear 07307JQlisal,
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us
Really great to hear the feedback from your stay, I am very pleased you had a great time with us
We will take all of your comments on board and be assured they are appreciated
Look forward to seeing you again soon
Kind Regards