Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nicola Follows
Doncaster, United Kingdom

Christmaslunch

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Dec 2020via mobile
My son and I had booked a table for Christmas day lunch, but due to continuing Covid restrictions this could no longer go ahead.
Instead we were happy to have a christmas lunch takeaway.
The meal was superb, well packaged and plenty of it.
In addition, our takeaway included 2 christmas crackers, party poppers and a christmas card as well as 2 pieces of Christmas pudding and portions of cream.
You thought of everything, thank you so much.
We will definitely be joining you next christmas day, in the restaurant, hopefully.
Date of stay: December 2020
  • Algotels
1.2 miles from The Regent Hotel
Restaurant
£26
No fees just great deals
  • Priceline
    £38
    £45
3.2 miles from The Regent Hotel
View more hotels in Doncaster
All reviews abbey road birthday party town centre function room hot buffet car park lasagna nothing too much trouble wedding venue wedding reception one night stay simon races meal receptionist racecourse occasion
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 December 2020 via mobile

Had a Sunday lunch from here today. AMAZING! Still hot when I got it home. Fantastic, friendly, prompt service. Please try because they are worth every penny. Also bought my in laws one and they thoroughly enjoyed it. Enough for to last them for another day. They were so pleased. Father in law said the pork was divine. Thank you Regent hotel. We will be returning.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2020

Went for lunch. Had booked but was empty. Lovely staff member very friendly. Extensive menu, at reasonable and varied prices. Ordered thai curries, very tasty and authentic. Quick service. Lovely comfortable decor. Would recommend for lunch. A favourite place. As all boxes ticked.10/10

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2020

I really don’t know where to start. This ‘hotel’ was booked for me via my work. This is not a hotel it’s a B&B with a lick of paint here and there.
I waited over an hour to get in to the hotel (B&B). I knocked on every door possible and called the phone number provided over 6 times with no answer. Finally I managed to get in, after contacting the booking agent and they had emailed and called the staff’s personal number.
After being let in through the back door, I was given the key to my room, I went up to the room and the smell in the corridor was distrusting, I couldn’t wait to get in my room to get away from it. Surprise surprise I opened the door and the room smelt just as bad. The doors to the bedrooms, well, let’s say I wouldn’t feel safe leaving my room unattended or attended.
I put the key on the bed and walked straight out. I sat in my car and booked the Hilton Garden hotel just a 4 minute drive away for LESS than the Regent.
The best thing I done, I slept like a dream with no worries and a clean room.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank AnonymousTruth2You
Reviewed 12 August 2020 via mobile

I have stayed here a number of times and it is usually very good, with helpful and friendly front of house and bar staff.

This time I was really disappointed, so sat for 10 mins in my room before deciding to leave and go elsewhere. Obviously I had to pay again, but I was prepared to do this.

The man on reception didn’t offer directions to the room, I had to ask, I also had to ask (otherwise I wouldn’t have known) that there was no food available that evening. I was given a list of fast food takeaways and told there was a supermarket down the road!

The link flooring leading to the bedroom had drink stains along it, so obviously hadn’t been mopped for a while and when I got to my room, which was in a small vestibule close to a neighbouring room, there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke coming from that vicinity, which was unpleasant as it followed me into my room. The room was ok (I had stayed in it before), except the window ledge was really dirty with built up dust of more than a day or two.

I went back to the reception and advised I was leaving as I wasn’t happy with the hotel. I went down the road to The Earl if Doncaster, which was lovely and clean and the restaurant was open

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank netherton2
Reviewed 26 July 2020

We had booked this room months earlier, long before the Covid 19 lock-down so we were happy to hear that hotels were allowed to open back up in time for our stay. Unfortunately nobody from the hotel was available to confirm if the room was still available. I tried contacting the hotel on numerous occasions in the week prior to our stay but all I got was voice mail or the rudeness of listening to somebody pick the phone up and then put it straight back down again. We decided to visit the hotel personally on the morning of our stay and the staff were there and only then did they acknowledge our attempts at trying to contact them. The receptionist had just sent an email to us as we were actually walking into the hotel. The first room we were given was not prepared, there were no pillow cases on the pillows, the TV did not work and the tea and coffee making facilities were not replenished and a cup was missing. We were moved into another room after we complained. The second room was very nice, a bit dated and every single floor board creaked as you walked over them but it was clean and tidy. The room was only set out for one but as we were only staying the one night that was not an issue.
The staff were polite and efficient but they were probably the same staff as the ones who ignored our attempts at trying to contact the hotel so it was hard to warm to them. I received a phone call later during the day from somebody in the hotel apologising for his late return of the call due to the messaging system they used but informed me the room was available, I informed him I was in the room and had been checked in for about 4 hours. The communications between staff had caused the confusion.
Maybe the lock-down had caused everyone to forget how to do the basics but what ever the reason was the communication from the hotel left a lot to be desired.
I'm not sure I would rush back, There are better and more modern hotel around the town for similar or less money. We were left quite disappointed with the whole experience.

Room tip: Rooms on the main road are noisy due to the road. The windows are older sash sliding windows.
Date of stay: July 2020