“Wedding night” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Earl of Doncaster
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
“Wedding night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the earl for our wedding night, also got upgraded free of charge, can not fault any of it and my standards are very high, room was to a good standard and clean , all staff we came in contact with were friendly and helpful and breakfast was also nice, both hot and well presented ,the waitress was very attentive, a very pleasant experience all round, would I stay again yes,would I recommend the earl, yes I would, the staff are a credit to this hotel and obviously enjoy their work . would like to add I do not work in this hotel or chain of hotels that it is associated with.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank peter b
FWolstencroft, General Manager at The Earl of Doncaster, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Earl of Doncaster for your recent stay. I was delighted to read your excellent feedback and will be certain to share it with my team.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Fraser Wolstencroft

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Take a step back to the 30's, you'll love it!! Great cocktails, reasonably priced food and very attentive staff. The room was huge and it was only a standard room, the mini suites must be massive. The breakfast was superb. Next time you go to the races, book in here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
FWolstencroft, General Manager at The Earl of Doncaster, responded to this review, 20 May 2014

Birstall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

After calling the hotel and speaking to Diane on reception, we were lucky enough to book a family room for us and me daughter. We were going to Doncaster races on the Saturday for an evening meeting followed by a concert and were aware that the hotel would be very busy. We were right, only one free room remaining but for the staff at this hotel this was not a problem. Things ran smoothly from checking in at 2pm until leaving after a huge breakfast the next morning. Our room was in the old wing but done out beautifully with comfy bed, pillows etc and air con. Even though there wAs a double and a single bed there was loads of space in the room. Its obvious from walking in the hotel that a huge amount of money has been spent making this a wonderful place to stay for business or pleasure and nothing is too much trouble for the staff here. We are already looking at another stay here possibly for 2 nights then we can enjoy the Art deco features for even longer.

Room Tip: All rooms have double glazing and air conditioning therefore outside noise is not a problem,i have k...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Angelsun01

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Beautifully decorated to a high art Deco standard had a lovely stay. All of the team have you as their priority with nothing to difficult to ensure your stay is perfect. Gorgeous breakfast with special praise for Barbara who engaged in great banter with - ask about the proper tea lol
Highly recommended

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bradfordpower
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Earl of Doncaster for your recent stay. I was delighted to read your excellent feedback and will be certain to share it with Barbara and the rest of my team.

Pwllheli, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Within walking distance (about 1/2 mile) from the racecourse, this was an ideal location for us. We were there for the sales (a bit further to the DBS complex). It is an impressive looking hotel, having been decorated recently in racoco (sp probably!! style). When you enter into reception, you really do think everything will match the first impressions. Beds was comfortable, room a bit dusty and on arrival I had to do a bit of DIY as the curtain was off the rail and wouldn't close properly. We hate dawn light waking us prematurely, but a bit of 'duck-tape' we had in the car boot helped repair the defect (not what I thought I would be doing paying over £90 per night!!). The bathroom had a beautiful glazed tile floor and was lethal when somebody had a shower. No bath mats were provided. Similarly, having paid so much for B & B, we were surprised that no flannels were provided, which on complaining, the receptionist acknowledged "we don't provide flannels". The greatest annoying part of the hotel was the breakfast tables. This particularly highlighted the design characteristics of the hotel - style over any substance or practicality. The tiny breakfast tables made it impossible to get a teapot, main breakfast, toast rack, milk jug/sugar/accompaniment on the same table. Half the above had to be placed on the table adjacent (what happens when the breakfast room is busy???). To make things worse, the tables were oval based and wobbled (whatever you did to them).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank elecrocash
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Earl of Doncaster for your recent stay. Thank you also for your feedback and your constructive criticism. It is through comments such as yours that we can improve the products and services we provide. I will be certain to share it with my team.

We do provide both towelling bathmats for the bathroom floors and also non slip suction mats for the baths and showers. Unfortunately we do not provide flannels and this is not a requirement at 4 star standard.

A call to reception and we would certainly have gone out of our way to resolve any of the issues you experienced.

I will also review the table sizes and bases and take any action I feel appropriate, again if you had requested a larger table, I'm sure this could have been arranged..

England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Amazing surrounding make your experience all the better. Staff so friendly and helpful, nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The afternoon tea was lovely with as many coffee refills as you wanted. The surroundings were fantastic with all the Art Deco features, if you love art deco then this place is a must, will definitely be returning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Earl of Doncaster for afternoon tea. I was delighted to read your excellent feedback and will be certain to share it with my team.

Wallasey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed 3rd May for our first anniversary, staff were lovely and very accommodating and the location for the races was perfect. The room was lovely, and bed really comfortable! Would recommend to anyone

• Stayed May 2014