The Earl of Doncaster
US$95
US$135
US$120
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Doncaster Hotel(Doncaster)(Great Value!)
US$49
Travelodge
Travelodge Doncaster M18/M180 Hotel(Doncaster)(Great Value!)
US$49
Travelodge
Travelodge Doncaster Lakeside(Doncaster)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$70
  • Restaurant
All reviewsart decoafternoon tealovely hotelfood was lovelytown centrewalk in showerjunior suitebar restaurantcar parkrace coursesteakbirthday partygreat nightfull englishfrom start to finisha lovely staycomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at the Earl on two occasions over a two week period as I was working in the area. On both occasions I stayed on the third floor over looking the sports club and field across the road to the front of the building. My room was more than satisfactory, it was extremely clean and well presented and the bed particularly comfortable to sleep in. The curtains in the room were thick and felt of good quality which contributed to my good nights sleep. I ate in the restaurant which was again a pleasure as it had a good atmosphere and the staff were extremely accommodating and friendly. The room also came with a standard breakfast which I must say made the stay, the quality of food on all aspects were of brilliant quality, tasted delicious and the staff who worked the breakfast shift were lovely. There was a very well established feel to the hotel, with a sense of quality through the well trained staff and the stunning Art Deco theme. If I had any issues to raise regarding my stay it would be that despite the low lighting atmospheric vibe there was in the rooms I would have preferred an option to have a bright light on when I wanted to read and do some paper work and that they didn't play football matches on the large television in the restaurant during dinner times.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas D
Ricky H, Operations Manager at The Earl of Doncaster, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of your recent stay at The Earl Of Doncaster Hotel.

I am pleased to read you found your room more than satisfactory and found the restaurant food both in the evening and breakfast along with our service to be of a high quality.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the food & beverage team.

Thank you once again for your review, and we hope to welcome you back to The Earl Of Doncaster in the near future, and do remember to keep an eye on-line for the latest special offers and best available rates.

The Earl Of Doncaster Team

Reviewed 18 June 2014

From the moment I walked through the doors the staff couldn't have been more helpful or welcoming. My room was gorgeous, with a lovely new bathroom and a well decorated and furnished room. (if you look on the website it is the room with the patterned walls and ornate black bed and matching lamp shades!).

I dined in the restaurant and the food was lovely, I had the duck breast which was beautifully presented and came with a delicious Cointreau sauce. The restaurant staff were friendly and helpful and the food was excellent value.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel to anybody, thank you to the staff for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Room 102 has the black ornate bed and the lilac walls- very stylish!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank L1vkr
Ricky H, Operations Manager at The Earl of Doncaster, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review and share your experience of The Earl Of Doncaster.

Your comments complementing our rooms are a delight to read. I am pleased you found the duck breast to be delicious and that the team were extremely helpful during your stay.

The Earl Of Doncaster Team

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here in April of this year. Fabulous hotel with beautiful decor. We had our 6 month old baby with us and the hotel staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. No such thing as too much trouble, staff were always on hand and very keen to help in anyway they could. Reception staff were very pleasant and extremely helpful.
We enjoyed a delicious steak dinner in the restaurant on one of the evenings and the waiting staff were very attentive. As we come from Ireland we were relaying on the sat navigation to get us to the hotel, however it was very easy to find. On previous visits we stayed in more central hotels however they are in the one way system and prove difficult to get to when relaying on the sat nav.
Since we have came home we have bought vouchers for our family in Doncaster to treat themselves to a nice meal in the Earl and again the staff were very helpful on the phone. We throughly enjoyed our stay and will most definitely return to the Earl.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Linda B
FWolstencroft, General Manager at The Earl of Doncaster, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Earl of Doncaster for your recent stay. I was delighted to read your excellent feedback and will be certain to share it with my team.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

book this hotel at last minute checked up on reviews beforehand. Looked good was able to get a good rate so just booked a room for 2 adults and one child. As soon as we go there we knew we had booked a good hotel the staff could not do enough for you and the bedroom was really comfortable. When we got there we were offered breakfast and they said we could have it at the internet rate which was good. Thankyou very much to the management and staff for making us so welcome.

Room Tip: we had a room overlooking the street which was good. Best rates are during the week.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dibbles120114
FWolstencroft, General Manager at The Earl of Doncaster, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked the deluxe room as it was my wife's birthday.
Good car parking.
The room was really nice, very well decorated.
Nice outlook over onto a park and a cricket ground.

Deluxe room should include breakfast.
There was an open sewing pack left on the side by the sink
Only one packet of biscuits !!

Like many people we were there for the racing, then the gig. The hotel on our return was packed around the small bar area, but still enjoyed it, but a lot of people were moaning about waiting to get served and no seating.
It was a hard job for the staff, the seemed to cope though.
One little tip for the men serving, give the customer eye contact and never judge a book by its cover, wait till you see where they live. ha ha.

The hotel overall, someone has spent a large amount of money on its Art Deco appearance and very well done
We would go again, if in the area

Room Tip: ask for a room on front elevation.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tthefourthcord
FWolstencroft, General Manager at The Earl of Doncaster, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Earl of Doncaster for your recent stay. I was delighted to read your excellent feedback and your constructive criticism. I will be certain to share it with my team.