“Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Mayflower Bar and Eatery
Ranked #91 of 508 Restaurants in Doncaster
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bawtry, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great location (a nice walk from Bawtry) and a lovely day to sit in the beer garden in the sun with great beer and wine selection. Menu is excellent with loads to choose from and it's one of those where you could have about twenty things off the menu! Staff really friendly and plenty on hand to serve and take food orders.
We had a burger and it was huge and a lamb shank with loads of veg with a lovely bottle of rose that was well chilled. Heard good things about the rooms for anybody that wants to stay too.
All in all a great meal in great surroundings with great service.

• Visited July 2014

South Yorkshire
“Fantastic Mayflower”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Myself and my husband dined here last night (Saturday 5th July). We had a lovely meal. I had the fillet steak, it was cooked perfectly to my liking, one of the best fillet steaks I have ever had in a restuarant. My husband had the steak, guinness and cheddar pie which was exactly what it stated on the menu, full of steak and very tasty.

We cannot comment on the desserts as we did not sample any !

The only negative comment I could make would be that the staff were not as attentive initially as I would have expected. We had been sitting at the front of the restuarant with our menu's for around 10 minutes without any of the waiting staff attending to us. I did have to ask one of the waitresses if she could take our order, however, other than that we had an enjoyable meal in a pleasant atmosphere.

Would definitely recommend for a nice evening and good tasty food at reasonable prices.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank engineeringuk
Nottingham
“Nuts in food ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Been here today for a meal- the main courses were lovely.

One of the party had a sweet which looked nice, it was a fruit crumble the menu didn't say it had nuts in, but it was full of them, at first we thought they were oats but were not. When we asked if it had nuts in the waitress went to the kitchen and said yes it has, the menus hadn't been printed correctly and the menu had lots of errors on it!

When paying at the bar (obviously not for the crumble) the waitress serving said loads of people had complained already about the same issue, very confused why nobody said anything before serving it!

Following main course had to wait about twenty minutes after been asked if we wanted a sweet, as I think the waitress if taking a sweet order has to serve them from the kitchen, another table had already ordered hence why it took so long.

Unfortunately wouldn't head back, which is a shame.

1 Thank brettandalex
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Nice pub, good service, food average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Visited for tea with family, brilliant renovation to pub. Very busy but had reserved a table, good waitressing service with a smile. I ordered a hotdog and was disappointed to see it was a sausage, however I have had this problem before. Hotdog was fairly tasteless, which was a shame as I had been looking forward to it.

Would visit again as family members food I tried was nice, I just think I picked the wrong option.

Tip: apparently the fish is the best option on the menu!

• Visited June 2014
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have visited this pub a number of times and were disappointed at the last visit. Delighted to say the food was lovely again. The ribs were absolutely delicious, served with chips, salad and coleslaw. Service was a little on the slow side when waiting to make our order but once the order had been taken the food arrived in a also able timescale. Not the cheapest pub but felt more worth the cost this time - will visit again. It is such a shame that the pub seems to empty around 9.00pm so makes it a little difficult for a long lazy night out with friends as you loose the atmosphere

• Visited May 2014