“Ruby Anniversary Sunday Lunch”
Review of The Hostel

The Hostel
Ranked #81 of 549 Restaurants in Doncaster
Dining options: Reservations
Description: I asked a friend of mine if he could recommend somewhere to eat for me and my 2 friends to go for a birthday celebration as we were running out of ideas for somewhere different to go, he suggested The Hostel. Booking is advisable as very small and cosy and does get busy as its reputation for its good home cooked food is spreading. I had peppered mushrooms and warm bread for starters, my friends had crab and tarragon cake also tomato and goats cheese tart. For mains pork loin and course mustard mash with root vegetables, sea bass with a dill cream sauce and mash, and my vegetarian friend had beetroot risotto. Portions were not skimpy and we were all too full for sweets. The staff were friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was very relaxed, thoroughly enjoyed it and will be going again as it has a lovely garden out the back for summer evenings. Well worth a visit.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a great little place for a celebration. There were 17 in our party and had a room to ourselves. The room would have taken possibly twice that number. There was no additional charge for the room so it is an excellent place for any family get-together. The menu selection was excellent and all the food was well prepared. The service was great and all the meals arrived together. They normally closed at 18:00 on a Sunday, but allowed us an hour extra to continue our celebration. Could not have been better!

1  Thank Nick E

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Slightly daunting going in as you have to go upstairs but once there the experience is superb. The staff are friendly and efficient. The view is stunning. The food is excellent. This is a hidden gem and well worth a visit. Just go there and try it for yourself!

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Took the family for a wonderful Mothers Day treat and The Hostel never fails to impress.We have eaten there on several occasions now and each and everytime the chef works his magic, the food was just as expected first class.All fresh produced prepared and cooked to perfection. All our party was wowed by each course. The real ale went down a treat and all the staff go out of their way to make sure the whole experience was one to be remembered,treasured and definately repeated.Thanks The Hostel for making our mothers day so special..We will be back soon.

1  Thank Andy B
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Really great food doesn't matter if it's a special occasion or just everyday food the quality is always to a very high standard. Since it was Mother's Day I thought I'd treat my mum and family members to some excellent food and again it didn't disappoint really look forward to my next meal thank you for a great day from me and my family. The food and staff are a great asset to the hostel cheers guys

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I was taken The Hostel for a 3 course mothers day lunch and as I've never been before I was pleasantly surprised. The tables were set lovely with prosecco waiting on the table for us mum's. I ordered garlic mushrooms for my starter, really lovely and tasty. I ordered pork loin for my main course. Very tender and melt in the mouth, plenty of vegetables to go with it, again very nice. The finale was the sweet n OMG!! It was absolutely gorgeous lemon cheesecake with lime jus and lemon curd icecream all home made . The waitresses couldn't do enough and were very attentive. Would we go there again? ? You betcha! !