Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2019

You could not find a more welcoming and happy place to stay anywhere. We arrived by bike, wet and muddy having had no facilities for our bikes at the smart hotels we had been staying in, and here was everything that you could want. The hose was ready, and we even had valet service by our host before the bikes were put in their garage. The level of comfort was outstanding by any standards, from the warm fire and the space, to the luxurious towelling robes. As there was no pub open nearby for dinner, Janet, our hostess, gave us a lift to her favourite local pub, and even collected us. As to breakfast, it was as elegant and perfect as could be, from the fresh fruit, the yoghurts, the eggs, the espresso. The garden is charming, with a delightful terrace although too cold for us. The view across the river is wonderful. This is an exceptional B&B and I feel lucky that we were able to stay there.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
janet r, Owner at River Lane B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2019

Thank you so much for the terrific review!
It was an absolute pleasure having you to stay.
I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay after cycling in such horrendous weather!
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 January 2019

I stayed at River Lane the night before my wedding in December 2018 along with my parents and other family. I honestly cannot recommend Janet and the B&B enough. The B&B is absolutely stunning, the nicest I have ever stayed in and the area is beautiful. The service that Janet provided is outstanding she made everyone feel so at home including the children, nothing was too much trouble and she is just the nicest person you could meet.

The morning of the wedding meant that more people came to get ready as well as hairdresser, photographer and makeup lady, this was not a problem to Janet who continued to provide an amazing service and atmosphere. We had all the space and help we needed.

So glad I chose here for the night before my wedding and couldn't imagine anywhere else being nicer.

Sarah

Room tip: every room is just as stunning as the others
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
janet r, Owner at River Lane B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2019

I'm delighted you chose my B&B !
You were fabulous guests and it was an absolute pleasure being part of the preparation!

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

My husband and myself stayed last night after we attended a wedding in Fishlake.The room was spectacular, by far the best we have ever stayed in. Janet could not do enough for us,there was plenty of little luxuries in the larger than usual shower room. Breakfast this morning was superb, not forgetting Buddy the little dog who is very friendly and welcoming. Would not hesitate to stay here again and would highly recommend to anyone wanting to stay in the area.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
janet r, Owner at River Lane B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Thank you so much for your review.
You were terrific guests! Can’t wait to see you again. That goes for Buddy too!

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at River Lane this weekend, fantastic experience from start to finish.A very warm welcome from Janet and Buddy the dog, my husband is slightly apprehensive about dogs but Buddy won him over.Beautiful room, very spacious and well equipped, Janet gave us a choice of welcome drinks before driving us to Fish lake mill for a wedding we were attending.
Breakfast was the best we've had by far, excellent choice of cereal, fresh fruit, toast, croissants and a full english, nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommended and would definite book again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018

We stayed in the family room omg it was beautiful so roomy and comfy Janet is so welcoming you feel like one of the family. We were there for a wedding and they told us to come back to freshen up and leave the car they then took us to the evening do if that wasn't enough the breakfast was was all locally sourced fresh fruit everything 5star is not enough for this place it's amazing thank you so much for your hospitality

Room tip: Only 2 room both stunning so peaceful just wanted to curl up in the chair with a good book
Date of stay: September 2018