“great service & good atmosphere”
Review of Sambuca - CLOSED

Sambuca
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“great service & good atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Didn't book in advance. Manager took very good care of us . Service was excellent as was the food. House white wine is lovely. Had really enjoyable time. Used purple voucher to get one meal free & got it back to use again so even better.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Julie M

“Birthday meal”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Went here for my boyfriends birthday, didn't book a table but was lead to a table straight away on arrival, was left a few minutes to decide on drinks which came straight away. Was given bread olives and goats cheese after ordering our food, didn't have to wait long for starters or the main meal, both plates cleaned with my boyfriend finishing his and mine, very good tasty food and even had a dessert. Had a 241 voucher but thought prices for meals were very reasonable, was giving complimentary shots of sambuca and one of the waiters got the restaurant to sing happy birthday to my boyfriend. We will be going again and I would recommend to others :)

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Farrar21
“Just alright.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Dined here as a group of around 9. We were sharing the downstairs of the restaurant with a large 80th birthday party and it was very crowded. Our table was booked at 8pm and we didn't get our mains until 10! I don't think the rest of our party minded as they were enjoying the wine (which I hear was very nice) but I wasn't drinking that night so I noticed and minded. Steak was average, nothing to write home about was served with veg and new potatoes which I found odd for an Italian. We had a nice evening but I think that was more down to the company. The restaurant experience wasn't very memorable for me and my husband.

• Visited May 2014
“Lovely”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff who looked after us well and very polite even knowing we had a a 241 voucher. Pasta dishes were lovely. Will go back!

• Visited May 2014
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Very nice place to dine with your mates”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Been in this little place a few times and can assure every one , the food is spot one , give it a try , will not be disappointed , with complementary
Shot of sambuca after your meal , well done guys.... Will return very soon.......

1 Thank Jo006