Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
themillsPortsmouth
Portsmouth, United Kingdom

Great views

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Aug 2020
We had a room with a beautiful view of the lake. This is a brilliant location for lakeside shopping outlet and lovely walks around the lake. Rooms were spotless with lovely large towels, the only fault we could find was the small TV. Definitely stay here again, great value for money.
Date of stay: August 2020
  • StayForLong
    £33
7.2 miles from Travelodge Doncaster Lakeside
View more hotels in Doncaster
All reviews lake view travel lodge plenty of places to eat room was clean family room within walking distance pizza hut first floor top floor accessible room minute walk definitely stay here again town centre budget hotel easy access car park short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2020

We stopped over for a single night here, it was our first visit to this particular Travelodge. My parents had a room across the hall from us. There's a major difference in the view you can get in your room. Our room (323) overlooked the lake, making for a very pleasant view. My parents' room across the hall had a view of the car park, which we didn't really envy. At least they could check their car was OK.

For some reason, there were quite a few spiders in our room. Some looked like they had been residing there for a while.

The bed was comfortable enough. The rooms are basic and small. Overall it was good value for money.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 8 July 2020 via mobile

I’ve stayed here a few times about a year ago and it’s a great Travelodge. One of the best views overlooking the lake if you get one of those rooms. Staff are really friendly and helpful.
Would def return

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2020

Ideal place to stay, only a mile from ASDA, Vue Cinema and lots of eating places. Also about 4 miles from the lovely Yorkshire Wildlife Park. We had a super view of the adjacent Lake from our room. The room was very basic with only one chair to sit on and no settee, only 2 mugs but no drinking glasses, and no bedside table. The TV was tiny! Maybe 24” screen. The bed was very comfortable and the new “moulded” bathroom was excellent. The shower was much easier to work than the old ones which had the shower head connected to the bath taps. A large free car park was very useful (register your car reg at Reception) and the adjacent walk around the lake was very enjoyable.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 10 March 2020

Excellent Value for money, rooms very clean and tidy. Reception very welcoming and asked if there was anything we need help with during our stay. Some rooms have a very good view of the lakeside. Good all round

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 March 2020

I arrived in the evening after a long drive. I registered the car details at reception as requested and I felt reassured that the car was securely parked in a registered parking place with CCTV cameras.
The room was spacious and clean and the bed comfortable. However, my problems stated when I went to my car in the morning. The rear window was smashed and items stolen from the boot as well as other belonging soaked from the rain . The staff at the Travel Lodge were very sympathetic while I waited several hours for my car to be repaired before I could continue my journey. I discovered that neither Travel Lodge or the third party who own the ca park accept any liability for any damage or loss incurred for the car owner IF they park in the car park. This is appalling and I will not be returning to any Travel Lodge. I will leave it to my insurance company to sort out the legality of their disclaimers.

Date of stay: February 2020
TravelodgeUK, Ben from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Doncaster Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Thank you for your feedback.

We are really sorry to hear of your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we have passed your comments onto the hotel manager.

Could we kindly ask you to contact one of our Customer Services Advisors via our website help form with a copy of your review to look into this more thoroughly.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.