“Hidden gem”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Often walked past and thought no, I don't want to be on view having my lunch.
But unbeknown to me there is an upstairs, a wonderful oasis of grand decor and social privacy.
Slightly off putting to have to order at the bar ,waitress service would be preferred.
We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food,although cake is quite pricey.
Some elegant window dressing is required to make it more inviting as most of clientel would prefer not to be in a goldfish bowl,but I have to say I will return again and again,well worth it.
P.s. Thanks for the brolly !

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank jjoneslbk

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Relaxing place with excellent food”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I visit Torrs regularly and have always enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. I particularly enjoy sitting upstairs, it has a very continental feel up there. It's a lovely place to visit for lunch or just for something like a scone or toasted teacake and a tea or coffee.

The staff are very friendly and helpful and I would highly recommend a visit.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank CrissyH123
“Bustling little shop”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The popularity of this place speaks for itself.

Homemade cakes on display, sandwiches and salad both fresh and tasty.

Only slight criticism prices were a bit steep.

However, would return beats the branded coffee shops.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Becky B
“Relaxed ambience”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've had the pleasure of going to Torr's deli twice with a friend and will definitely be back. Customer service on entry is friendly and professional. I like the quieter area upstairs. No-one will rush you out even if you're only having a cup of their excellent coffee.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Yvonne J
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent quality food at reasonable prices.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I visit Torrs once a week with my husband when we do the market shopping. Last week we went into town early and had the full breakfast which was absolutely brilliant. As usual we were greeted with a smile from friendly staff. If you are wanting to have lunch you can not go wrong with the "special" salad, it is not on the board but if you ask for it, you will not be disappointed I can assure you. The atmosphere is very relaxed, you can enjoy your meal in comfort without being hurried along. I usually take my friends to Torrs too so they can experience everything that Torrs has to offer - excellent food, relaxed surroundings and fabulous staff.

Torrs is a great venue if you require gluten free food, you just need to ask for gluten free bread and the only problem will be choosing white or brown! Gluten free cakes are always available too as well as non-gluten free cakes of course, which by the way, look absolutely scrumptious.

Torrs is definitely the best eatery in Doncaster.

• Visited July 2014