“Fit For A Prince At Barnburgh's Crown”
Review of Crown Inn

Crown Inn
Ranked #10 of 557 Restaurants in Doncaster
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I visited with a friend for evening dinner on a Tuesday evening. The specials board caught my eye immediately with the offer of rabbit pie, potatoes and vegetables for £8.95. A great choice; the pie was delicious with lots of meat and the vegetables were cooked to perfection. My friend ordered the steak pie which was served with homemade chunky chips and mushy peas. He commented that the chips were amazing and again, the generous chunks of steak proved that both pies were of excellent quality; no disappointing gravy pies here! I have previously enjoyed the carvery at The Crown too. I would suggest booking a table at the weekend as this is a very popular place to eat and on the basis of this visit, the popularity is justified. The location is gorgeous too.

1  Thank Richthehiker

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Recently visited The Crown Inn and won't be the last. Finest quality food at a hIgh standard. Chips are to die for, couldn't fault anything. Staff are friendly and attentive at all times, nothing too much for them. Definitely be back for more.

1  Thank HappyHippys
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Crown is a place I visit regularly when visiting family and friends in South Yorkshire. I live in Germany where food is cooked and served to a very high standard however, the Crown beats them all. The salmon is an absolute dream and the carvery is just fresh, homemade, delicious food! Very rarely do I miss a visit here- the staff are friendly, attentive and absolutely nothing is too much trouble.
Thanks very much, no place like it for delicious, value for money food and great service!

2  Thank Mandy S
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Have eaten here many times and havent got 1 complaint!!! Always 1st class homemade food. Staff are very nice and friendly. Lovely to sit outside in summer. Would recommend the homemade pie!!!! Carvery is very good too!!

2  Thank Hayley e
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I didn't think it could, but it has got better. The food was lovely as always, but they have added another hand-pump to the bar and have Timothy Taylor's Landlord as well - alongside Black Sheep and John Smith's Cask there's a reasonable selection of beers for the serious drinker (I don't like John Smith's myself).
Once again I went for the marvellous steak pie and chips, I had not had one for a while so was getting withdrawal symptoms. My wife went for a Hunters Chicken which she enjoyed.
But, I missed out. I had seen a sign on the bar for one of the specials, Cod & Chips, with a warning that they were 'very large' and my judgement was clouded with thoughts of the steak pie. Then I saw Moby Dick's brother passing by on a plate and wished I'd gone for the fish instead. Next time...
Last time we went I had the ribs, they were very tender, cooked to perfection. As yet we've not had a pudding, we're always too full from the main course.
We will be back again very soon...