“In believable ”

Ranked #414 of 562 Restaurants in Doncaster
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Here are the Green Tree not only do we serve an excellent carvery at great value we now also serve 100% fresh dough pizzas along with a salad cart and burger menu. We also have a private function suite that can seat approx 100 people ideal for all types of occasions
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ordered 2 pizzas this time waited 30 mins, went to ask were they where hadn’t been made told 5 mins. Waited another 15 mins again went to find out where they were to be told they had burnt them. No one bothered to come and Inform me. Waited again for 15 mins, total waiting time 1 hour for 2 pizzas!! Not even an apology just asked did I want another drink. No I wanted my pizzas!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
General Manager A, Manager at Green Tree Inn Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello, it's upsetting to hear that you did not receive the top-notch service we strive to provide.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have recently been engaged in some business in the area and as it is a few hundred miles back home, I thought I would get dinner before leaving - I discovered this place simply as it was on the main road and went it. The welcome was warm and friendly and the carvery was excellent and really good value with lots of choice - I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a hearty meal.
The next time I was in the area I got there about an hour prior to my meetings and noticed that they also offer a serve yourself breakfast - what a pleasant surprise - get as much toast and tea as I wanted - eggs, bacon, sausage, tomato, beans, hash brownies, fried bread - have as much as you want and come back as often as you like - Clearly I don't need that much but it is great being able to select my own options - I look forward to me next visit

1  Thank richardcD6266PL

Hi Richardcd6266pl, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Well, after picking some dear friends up from a long flight, I thought that we would call to the Green Man for some food as it’s on the way and looks nice : firstly, I’ve never complained about anything as I guess I’m lucky that I’ve never felt the need to ... this experience however changed all that ..
We arrived at 9pm on Mon 21st, no one seemed interested in greeting us or even glancing in our general direction, so we grabbed some seating as we were all peckish ... we promptly decided what we wanted and I went to the bar to order ... this is where the fun started ..
I ordered a “ Carvery meal” only to be shot down and told carvery is off ! .... so I carried on ordering whilst the carvery wisher searched for an alternative..
I then ordered a “ Gammon “ again and quite abruptly shot down once more with “ the gammon meat is only from the carvery, is that ok ?” ... I said, fine that’s no problem ... after a moments pause, the young lady then threw out “ but the carvery closed and we don’t have any meat ! ...
so, at this point two of us were now searching for alternative meals... we both decided upon a trusty burger as I asked if there was steak available and obviously once again this wasn’t possible ...
anyway, after another slight pause... the lady said, we aren’t doing burgers either as we have NO meat ......
so by this time we pretty much all wanted something quick so All decided upon wraps ... which strangely enough did contain some very small amounts of meat ...
One of our group also ordered a trusty pepperoni Pizza to hopefully play it safe ....
Anyway, this order of 3 wraps and a pizza was finally passed as a “ we can do this “ order ..
So we then ordered drinks ... a simple 3 cokes and an orange juice please ... “ we haven’t got any orange juice “ was the reply that quickly this time came back ... we can do orange and water if that’s ok .... we ordered a J2 instead ( orange juice ) ...
anyway, we weren’t going to let this laughable experience bother us until the food finally arrived ... the wraps were a complete joke containing at max ... 4 x small cubes of meat in each and all smothered / drowned in gooey, sticky sickly sauces ... all 3 takers had one bite and could not stomach any more, the chips were “ anemic “ , very undercooked and tasteless ... the salad was limp and lifeless, and the Pizza looked and tasted as though a cheap pre-bought base had been smothered in cheap ketchup with a token effort of cheap cheese and the odd bit of pepperoni thrown onto it ... needless to say that the taker of the pizza also managed only one slice and then also lost his appetite....
this was without doubt the worst experience in any Resturant I and my friends have ever had, and fortunately, we will never be returning ... , it got to the point where I thought if I ordered jam on toast, there wouldn’t be any bread ! ... such a shame as it is in a prime location for travelers... I feel the owners are missing a trick here and need to wake up to the shoddy customer service and poor quality of the food available... very very disappointing... TG...

2  Thank tonygoodley
General Manager A, Manager at Green Tree Inn Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Tonygoodley, we can assure you that we do not find this type of behavior acceptable, and we would like to address the situation you have described.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Used to come extremely often but it’s gone downhill since it changed. Tried it twice after it changed and was just a disappointment, we no longer visit here. Such a shame as every one I’ve spoke to agrees it’s not as good now.

1  Thank Francesca D
General Manager A, Manager at Green Tree Inn Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Francesca D, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our pub

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Car park and exterior nice and tidy. Staff friendlyish. Break fast was average. Had to wait nearly 10 minutes for bacon and sausages. Eggs were floating in fat. Yuk. It was edible that's all I'm saying

1  Thank Dave C
General Manager A, Manager at Green Tree Inn Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dave C, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around.