“Enjoyed.”
Review of The Ship Inn

The Ship Inn
Ranked #101 of 539 Restaurants in Doncaster
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We visited the ship Inn at feeing ton for the first time on the 6th April 2014. It was recommended to us and everything we were told WS correct.
The food WS excellent and the choice was rather extensive.
Will certainly visit it again.

1  Thank John031046

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My partner and I took our 3yr old Granddaughter and my Mother out for lunch here recently...and it pains me to say the food was terrible. We had the carvery, the beef was tough and the vegetables were kept in hot water within a heated food servery...
The restaurant interior is in dire need of decoration and updating, stained walls, stained seats and a very unpleasant 'damp' smell...in fact, our Granddaughter dropped her serviette on the floor and as she bent down to pick it up, even she, at age 3, asked what the awful smell was!! I helped her retrieve the napkin and noticed that under the seats we occupied (an upholstered fitted bench along the outer wall) there was signs of damp, the floor hadn't been laid underneath it and it was filthy..ok, so the price of the lunch was cheap....but there is no excuse for bad food, we will not be returning.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Went here first time for mums birthday with family of four, we all ordered something different and got large portions. Service great, place small and homely would recommend this pub for a very nice meal.

1  Thank Treeand2ne
Reviewed 8 February 2014

1st I av been there he was trying to joke told apparantely owners son I had been there 6 times b4 when I complained about the poor food he said in front of customers last 3 times I had been there he lost 3 tables due to my tables language considrering this my 1st visit found it very offensive and abusive

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

3rd visit here last month & must say, foods been super stunning every time!! Service is great from all staff & food is fresh, hot & great generous portions!! :)
You will be very happy eating here, it's pub food with class, taste & finéss!!

1  Thank happyholidays1985