“Rubbish!”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Went here for one of my birthday meals out, wished we had not, the food was cold and oily, it was also tasteless, £46 for our meals and 3 drinks, did not bother with a sweet as the custard for the "Apple pie" was stone cold, we were not asked at any point if our food was ok even when we paid.
If you like to eat mountains of cold tasteless food this is the place for you, without exception all the staff at the cooking stations were like zombies no eye contact no conversation they obviously loved there jobs! We won't be going back and we won't be recommending Cosmo Doncaster, we were warned this restaurant was very hit and miss unfortunately we got the miss. We booked and still had to wait even on a Tuesday tea time.your table is on a time limit. The multi storey parking is also a joke there were a lot of confused people as to where to go oh and it cost £2:40.. You have been warned..

4  Thank videostar
Write a ReviewReviews (1,329)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've probably been to the Cosmo branch of Doncaster around five or six times now over the last year or so, and I thought it was about time I wrote a review.
The restaurant itself is very modern, clean, and an appealing place to eat. The staff have always been very helpful and courteous, so no complaints there either.
As you are probably aware, the main attraction of Cosmo is in it's "all you can eat" style buffet format. And yes, there is quite a large selection of different cuisines on show, more so at night rather than during the day where the choice isn't quite as big.
I've tried the Chinese and Indian section of the restaurant mostly, and to be honest I find the food quite hit and miss. Sometimes, the quality is quite good for a buffet style place, other times, it's not much better than microwave food in my opinion.
On my latest visit I had the lamb rogan josh, and I must say it was good. Other times I've tried the chicken tikka masala and it's been ok, not great.
There is a lot of choice of Chinese food on show, and again I think the quality is a bit hit and miss, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's ok.
Moving onto the deserts, I think this is where Cosmo excels. Again, there is a large choice of gorgeous cakes, swiss rolls, chocolate brownies, ice creams etc. I've always been impressed with the range and quality of deserts on show.
Price wise, again, is a huge positive for this establishment. I took my mother out for lunch, and it came to £15 for the pair of us, extremely good value for money, probably the best in Doncaster really.
Ultimately however, I tend to be a bit biased towards the overall standard of the food more than anything else. It is on this point that Cosmo falls down. Maybe I'm being a bit too critical for a buffet style eatery, but for me personally, I think I'd rather pay a bit more and have a bit less, and end up with higher quality food.
Don't get me wrong, I would recommend this place, as it's cheap, fairly decent quality, and quite relaxing to eat in.
In my opinion though, quantity definitely beats quality this time around, and it's for this reason I only give it 3 stars. A bit more consistency in the quality of the food, and I think this would be a 4 star place easy.
Definitely worth a visit, just don't expect any culinary fireworks.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Great value for money, massive range of food, which for a buffet is of a decent quality. My main issue was the cleanliness & inconsiderate customers.

Leaving lids up constantly letting dishes go cold

People letting their kids mawl the desserts and chocolate fountain - it really put me off there should be staff keeping a closer eye on hygiene issues.

It's in a good location & I would visit again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We went on spur of the moment so didn't book but this was not a problem as we were fitted in within 10 minutes lovely food great atmosphere didn't feel rushed and not a bad price

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was a little wary about visiting an all you can eat restaurant thinking would the food be hot? Is there enough choice? Will people be fighting for food? Well the staff were lovely and for £12.99 you can have your table for a hour and half to eat as much as you like! We visited after shopping hours which was nice as it seemed a little quieter. I had crispy duck pancakes, chinese, mexican and some dipping chocolate and marshmallows from the choc fountain! but there is lots of choice like, italian, english carvery, greek, indian, seafood, thai etc.. Its nice and hot and tasted great. Would re-visit!