“The Way To Start Saturday”
Review of Med at the Market

Med at the Market
Ranked #23 of 526 Restaurants in Doncaster
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A unique fully licensed eatery within the international food hall of the famous Doncaster market.
England
“The Way To Start Saturday”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I didn't have to think when I went to the Market to go the Med and get a breakfast special, as it's the thing to do. I went for the cracked black pepper sausage on giabbata with mushrooms and tomatoes and a Americano with milk.

It is a bargain for £5:99 when you get fresh giabbata, top quality sausage or bacon from award winning stalls in the market and fresh tomatoes and mushrooms. In with the price is a either a coffee, tea or juice. When I say coffee that's Americano with or without milk, latte or cappuccino. I have to say I know my coffee and the coffee is top notch.

A previous review said they paid £12:00 for two bacon sandwiches, don't be mislead by this as I have written in this review its top quality produce and for £5:99 with drink is a good price for what I and Trip Advisor Reviewers consider Doncasters Number 1 place to eat.

Do go lunch times as you can get Sea Food Chowders, Skewers, Fabada (Spanish Stew) on a day like today or any other day is a treat. As with the breakfast it's all top quality produce from award winning stalls.

2 Thank Chrisy1

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A lovely stop off place ”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Had a breakfast here on a busy Saturday in Doncaster. Having read the reviews on here I wanted to given the place a try. The food was drinks were good but not worth the price I paid, I would go here again for drinks but not food. £12 for 2 bacon tomato mushroom sandwiches is a bit steep.

4 Thank lauralovesgolf
York, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fresh and Tasty”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Visited on Wednesday in July, The Med at the Market is inside the covered market and on the day we visited very quiet. The style is that of a mediteranean cafe, basic but clean and comfortable. The food is really wonderful, so fresh and vibrant and cooked to perfection , juicy and not overdone. ( i opted for the mixed kebab - 3 kebabs fish and chicken ). Be aware that the Med at the Market is only open when the market is open, so not evenings and not on non-market days.

It is a shame that the gallery at the rear of the Market building is not secured in such a way that it could be kept open longer hours , it has its own entrance onto the market square. If this were possible it could become a foodhall for a number of small independant cafes and traders. An opportunity missed i think.

2 Thank Debbie M
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“fab”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

visited for the first time today enjoyed the our experience the food was fab especially my seafood chowder have read other reviews was not disappointed the service was very good and will be back

3 Thank sandra t
LEEDS
“Great”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This place is a real gem. I visited for lunch on a saturday afternoon with my husband. We ate the Bruschetta and the garlic and chilli King prawns for starter. Both were out of this world. I would go as far as saying that the prawns were the best I had ever tasted. For main, my husband ordered the burger whilst I ordered the Chicken Kebab. Both were delicious and the portions massive.
This place is a real find. I wish the owners all the best. They deserve to do well

Visited June 2014