“One of the best meals I've had in a while”

No. 7 at The Rum Rooms
Ranked #47 of 528 Restaurants in Doncaster
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Small and intimate setting complimenting the original features of this old building. Very comfortable and classy with soft lighting and quiet background music.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals I've had in a while”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Last night we went to this new restaurant after being there on Thursday for the opening event. I can honestly say that it has become one of my favourite spots in Doncaster. The staff is absolutely lovely and knows how to make their guests feel like royalty. The food was amazing and of highest of standards. There are a variety of dishes on the menu that will suit anyone's taste (both vegetarian and non- vegetarian); I personally recommend the pumpkin risotto ;) The deserts are to die for!!! Will be recommending this to all of my friends and will definitely visit again and again.

• Visited January 2014

Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
“Doncaster's finest”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Last night we went to this new restaurant for the first time. It's very small and intimate with a shabby chic, correctly lit setting. We were warmly greeted and well looked after by the friendly staff. The kitchen area is open and you can admire the plates being served before you select from the inspiring menu. Service is quick despite being cooked to order. This is fine dining but in an authentic setting, without being over the top. I guess it's more raw and honest if you catch my drift. It's reasonably priced too. Starters included baby rib, scallops in an apple purée and trotters, for mains there are 2 choices of fish, 2 or 3 vegetarian options. I had onglet steak with saffron potatoes and raita - I will be ordering this again! My partner had spatchcock jerk chicken which was equally delicious and tender. A rum and coconut pave with salted pineapple to share to finish. Excellent what more can I say except book now as they only can accommodate 5 tables ( about 20 covers).

9 Thank Naomi N