“Dont stay here! Horrible.”

Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Hotel has no elevator. Rooms are so small and outdated. Worst tv channels. Bath wasn't clean and beds are so uncomfortable. I travel a lot and one of the worst holiday inns. Breakfast is bad too. Only good thing was the dinner. Hotel isn't near anything. No shuttle. Town is 3 miles. They should over a shuttle or ride every hour to and from. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Dear Sir,
I was as you can imagine disappointed to read your comments made on trip advisor, following your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the location of the hotel was not to your satisfaction and that you were unable to locate the elevator. Unfortunately at the Holiday Inn Doncaster we don't offer our customers a free courtesy bus, but on request are able to offer locally taxi's, mini bus or car hire if required. I will of course pass on your kind comments made about the Dinner you had in the restaurant to my Head Chef. I am sorry that we didn't live up to your personal expectations, but please be assured your strong comments made have been shared with all of my team at the hotel. I would of course be delighted for you to call me direct at the Hotel to discuss the matter in more detail.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Stayed here for the last 2 weeks with work and was pleasantly surprised. Whilst the main building is not the most attractive externally it is set in lovely grounds.
It was spotlessly clean throughout and all the staff were helpful and friendly particularly in the restaurant.
Food - breakfast was the normal buffet style you might expect but was better than average. Evening meal / bar menu had more than enough options and quality was excellent - far exceeding expectations. Not one poor meal in 2 weeks. Steaks and grills were top notch, risotto, seafood and make your own pizzas were all well executed.
The bedrooms whilst a little tired in design were clean with great comfortable beds and good bathrooms. Firm and soft pillow options was a nice touch. Great nights sleep every night.
There was also a small swimming pool and a busy gym which would benefit from more up to date equipment.
Overall a very good hotel which I'd recommend and use again for work and pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor, following your
recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your comments made about the hotel and the services that we on offer for all of our customers at the Holiday Inn Doncaster. I will make sure your comments are passed onto all of my team at the hotel.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

This was a nice hotel with good facilities. The guy on reception the first night wasn't all that clear or helpful, and other staff in general didn't seem all that clued up but overall it was a nice place to stay.
The walls weren't all that good, as we could hear quite clearly things happening in the next room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto Trip Advisor.

I will make sure that your kind comments are passed onto all of my Team at the Hotel.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Firstly a perfect venue to hold your wedding. Myself & my husband held ours at the hotel back in April 2011 and had the most amazing day. Because we had such a large wedding party we held it in the Manor Suite. The Grade II listed building (Warmsworth Hall) situated on the ground is stunning. The whole of the grounds is perfect for wedding photos aswell.

We experienced an outstanding and friendly service by all members of staff. We were made to feel very welcome

Annette Brooks - Simply AMAZING!!!!!! She was always very very helpful from the day we viewed the hotel, always had a smile on her face, was ever so polite and friendly - just simply wonderful. All the help we recieved off of her we just cannot thank her enough. Nothing was ever too much trouble for her to do. We made a friend for life :0) Thank you Annette

Linda - Our wedding host. Fabulous!!!! Her organisation and attention to detail throughout our wedding day were excellent. Organising everything from our photos to the cake table (which looked brilliant) Thanks to Linda our special day went like clockwork and we cant praise her enough

The food was sublime. The food was above and beyond everyones expectations. Every single person really enjoyed the meal & buffet at the reception, they was all still talking about it weeks on from the wedding. The chef was such a lovely man who came to introduce himself at our taste testing evening and again after the meal on the wedding day - such a gentleman.

The waiting staff did a marvellous job with serving the meal and clearing away especially as our wedding breakfast was a large one - wonderful job guys

We booked the onsite DJ for our reception and tbh was a little bit slow to start the night off but ended up being fab! Great music, lovely person.

We would highly recommend this venue to anyone as you simply will not regret holding a special event here or even just to simply stay for the night

Room Tip: Dont have any sorry
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank VickyAllison

Thank you ever so much for taking time to put your lovely feedback onto trip Advisor, following

your Wedding Reception held at the Holiday Inn Doncaster. I am delighted that we looked after

you and all of your guests and provided you with excellent Food and Service.

I will make sure your kind comments are passed onto all of my team at the hotel.

I look forward to personally welcoming you both back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

We booked our wedding at Warmsworth 18 months ago and the service we recieved from Annette was excellent from strat to finish. The venue was perfect. the meal was excellant and every bit as enjoyable as our sample meal, it was very nice of the chef to come out and personaly see if we had enjoyed our meal and was comented on by several guests. The waiting staff and bar staff did an excelllent job. but most of all we would like to thank Eddie for his what a wonderfull man, he made the day calm and pleasurable for all, kept the kids happy and was commented on by a good number of our guests thanks again Eddie. (if you did not know you would have thought it was a wedding for one of his own) As in the title A Perfect Wedding Day.

Sorry there is a BUT

From day one i found your front of house staff on more than one occasion to have an abrupt attitude and to be a bit unhelpfull, this was also brought to my attention by more than one guest when trying to book a room and by even more guests on arrival and i found my self apolagising on your behalf. there some more issues that i wish to discuss directly with holiday in.

Paul Hartley

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank paul h
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor, following your
Wedding Reception held at the Holiday Inn Doncaster. I was delighted to read your lovely comments made about the service you received from Annette and all of the team at the hotel.
I will make sure your feedback is passed onto all of my team at the hotel.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I just want to say thank you to all of the staff at Holiday Inn Doncaster who were all very helpful from dealing with our awkward requirements when we made the booking to friendly helpful staff on reception. The staff in the bar were lovely and were really friendly with the kids and also the room maids who were very friendly and welcomed us with a smile. This hotel is just gorgeous and i love the grounds of the hotel. the rooms are clean and the food is tasty and homely, even my fussy husband found something on the menu that he enjoyed! I would certainly come back to stay at this hotel, Thank you Holiday Inn, keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Just ask, they seemed happy to help with our room requirements
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto Trip Advisor, following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Doncaster. I was delighted to read your lovely comments made about the service you received during your stay.
I will make sure that your kind comments are passed onto all of the team at the hotel

Reviewed 13 August 2011

We recently held our daughters wedding reception in the old hall at Holiday Inn. The venue proved to be an excellent choice, the staff at the hotel were excellent, very proffessional and met our every need beyond expactations. The food was excellent and the chef dealt with every nutritional need.
A number of the wedding party stayed in the hotel and were impressed with the standards.
Overall a great day enjoyed by every member of the party

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family