“A lovely place to stay with a hidden gem of a wedding venue!”

Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I recently stayed overnight in this hotel to support my client's wedding preparations. The room was comfortable and clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel is a wonderful venue for weddings both within the main hotel building and the beautiful Warmsworth Hall which is definitely a hidden gem. Warmsworth Hall is a lovely building filled with character and supported by a wonderful professional staff team. The team manager was especially helpful and accommodating of my wedding clients' wishes and needs and helped to make their day very special. He is also very knowledgeable about the history of Warmsworth Hall and offered guests the opportunity to have a guided tour.

The venue also has an inhouse DJ who helped to round the day off just perfectly!

The location of the hotel, just off jct 36 of the A1 makes it easy to access from North and South and with plenty of parking and guest rooms, it makes a great wedding or conference venue.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Thank you for taking time to complete your feedback on trip advisor, following your recent
stay at the Holiday Inn Doncaster.

I was as you can imagine delighted to read your comments made about the hotel and it's fantastic facilities. I will make sure your lovely comments made about the Team are passed on to everyone.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future

Reviewed 24 November 2011

The room was comfortable, but : there was what I think was lip stick on the toilet lid, at least I think it was ! one of the towels had black marks on it and the bathroom had several dirty marks on the floor.

At 3 o'clock in the morning I was woken by the radiator making noices (loud) that suggested air was in the system , these noises were still coming when I checked out at 7.30 at which time I stood behind another guest making the same complaint.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to complete your constructive feedback on trip advisor, following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Doncaster.

I was as you can imagine disappointed to read your comments made about the cleanliness of your bed room and also the noise issue. I can confirm that I will personally address these matters with my Head Housekeeper & Maintenance Manager.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future

Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed overnight in this hotel and really enjoyed it. The rooms were well equipped and clean, and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel has a pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and gym which was very nice. It is literally 100 yards from junction 36 of the A1M which is very convenient. A really good place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Billco_51

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback onto Trip Advisor, following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Doncaster

I was delighted to read your comments made about the fantastic facilites we have on offer for all of our guests and also your kind comments made about the team.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future. May I wish you all the best for Christmas

Reviewed 6 November 2011

This was our second stay here and we recommended the hotel to another 3 couples (2 disabled) who also stayed with us this time and brought their dogs as we were attending a local event.

Again, we had an excellent stay - the pool was clean and very inviting and the food in the lounge was as good as last time. Very friendly helpful staff esp on reception as our original room developed a fault and we were moved to another room with no fuss and very quickly by Lisa at reception who dealt with our other questions very efficiently.

The rooms are large and spotlessly clean with good sized bathrooms and lovely power showers - cant fault our stay and will look forward to our next stay here as will the others we travelled with.

Room Tip: Large ground floor rooms ideal for disabled guests or those with dogs as entrance very close and sta...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor, regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Doncaster. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel and will pass on your kind comments to all of my team

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 8 October 2011

We have recently had our Civil Partnership at this venue and it could not have been better! The whole experience from the run up to it with the help and guidance from the wedding co-ordinator Annette to the smooth running of the day by the wedding host Eddie. Friends and family have all been saying it was the best wedding they have attended due to the fantastic venue and food. The day was spent in Warmsworth Hall where the character and setting of the building really made a great impression. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone for any event!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adele T
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Thank you ever so much for taking time to put your comments onto trip advisor, following your recent civil partnership held at the Holiday Inn Doncaster.

I was as you can imagine delighted to read your comments made about the excellent Food, Service & hotel facilites we have on offer at the Hotel.

I will make sure your kind comments are passed onto all of the team at the hotel

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Doncaster in the near future

Reviewed 6 October 2011

Just a quick note to thank you and well done to all the staff at the hotel, especially Annette, Neil, Eddie and Les the Head Chef for making my daughter's wedding celebrations at Warmsworth Hall such a special day! Everyone commented on the photogenic location, the ambience of the Hall itself and the quality of all the food served. Only negative feedback from some guests was cost of drinks and limited selection of wines available unless the main hotel bar was used. Overnight stays were comfortable, breakfast enjoyable and even our little dog was made welcome!
Well done to everyone from Mr & Mrs Mortimer (Gemma and Lee 24th Sept 2011)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Skymarshall
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Dear Mr & Mrs Mortimer,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto Trip Advisor, following your daughters Wedding Reception at the Holiday Inn Doncaster in Warmsworth Hall.

I was as you can imagine delighted to read your feedback made about the Food, Service and most important the team members you have named at the Hotel that looked after you and your guests at the Wedding Reception.

I will of course make sure your kind comments are passed onto everyone in the team at the hotel.

We look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 5 October 2011

We attended a Sportsman’s dinner and stayed overnight.
The Sportsman’s dinner was an absolutely fantastic occasion and everything ran extremely smoothly and professionally. The function room was spacious and well presented. Food was top class and could not be faulted. The food was brought to the table quickly and piping hot – which is very rare at functions of this size. We were all served together so no waiting. Plates were cleared quickly in-between courses.
Our Bedroom was beautifully furnished and far bigger than we expected. Bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and bed linen of top quality. Bathrobes were an extra touch and were lovely and soft. We were also spoilt with complementary fruit, chocolates and wine – which was a wonderful thought.
Breakfast the following morning was again of a very high standard. There was plenty to choose from and most enjoyable – a great way to start the day.
Location is very convenient off the A1 (M) at Junction 36 and a few minutes to the M18 motorway
What makes this hotel stand out for me is that all the staff are keen to make your stay special. They are very polite, friendly and professional – service is first class. Nigel, you need to be congratulated on your fantastic team.
My only negative is that our stay was tooooo short.
So well done to the Holiday Inn (A1) Doncaster for a truly wonderful evening and a hotel we would be more thank happy to recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade -definitely worth the extra to make your stay even more special
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor, following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Doncaster.

I was as you can imagine delighted to read your comments made about the Food, Service & fantastic facilites we have on offer to all of our guests at the Hotel.

I will of course make sure your kind comments and feedback are passed onto all of my team.

I look forward to personally welcoming you and your husband back to the hotel in the near future