“USFUL STOP OVER”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
UK
“USFUL STOP OVER”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Situated just off the A1M this hotel is a secluded little gem.
The Staff are really nice, the surroundings are attractive and the whole ambiance is excellent.
The rooms are very clean and OK for a short stop over although I would not like to spend more than 2 or 3 days there. The food in house is fine although with Doncaster only a couple of miles away there is plenty of choice.
Robin Hood airport is close by (no noise) for those going on a flight.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear JeffNB,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor , following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read your kind comments made about the overall food and service. I will make sure your feedback is shared with all of my team at the hotel

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Doncaster in the near future

Nigel Dibb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed for work in June 2013. The hotel was easily located just off the A1M and with plenty of parking. I was upgraded to an executive room in recognition of my Priority Club status, which was appreciated. The room was comfortable but not fancy. Like most Holiday Inn's you will know what to expect but it is often tired. I ate in the restaurant and was pleasantly surprised by the good choice on the menu and how nicely cooked and presented my mixed grill was. A definite step up from most Holiday Inn's I have stayed at lately. Service was very friendly too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Sarah O,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto Trip Advisor , following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read your kind comments made about the good staff and lovely food served in our restaurant. I will make sure your feedback is shared with all of my team at the hotel.

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Just returned home after 2 nights here with 4 friends who had travelled from all parts of the country. We had 3 rooms , 2 twins and 1 double on the first floor of the main hotel block. The rooms were clean and well equipped and we were very grateful for the air conditioning as it was a hot weekend. Breakfast was great , lots of choice at the self service buffet which was well presented. We ate in the restaurant the first evening and the food was good if a little expensive . Drinks at the bar were also expensive e.g. £4.80 for a small glass of red wine. All staff that we came in contact with were very friendly and helpful and they had to be admired as they dealt with a very drunken aggressive wedding party late on Saturday evening. Our main complaint concerned the ridiculous price of wifi - £5.00 FOR 1 HR OR £10.00 FOR 2 !!! In this day and age this is almost daylight robbery and needless to say we did not pay for this.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't need wifi !!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank thirty
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Thirty,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor, following your recent stay at the hotel. I was delighted to read your kind comments made about the overall Food & Service. I am sorry that you felt the overall price for WIFI and a glass of wine was little expensive. We do as a team really value and appreciate guest feedback and will make sure that your constructive points are discussed further at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to the Holiday Inn Doncaster in the near future

Blackpool
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We have used Holiday Inn's all over England and many in America, so I can honestly comment that this hotel is the worst we have ever encountered. We booked a king size room, when we opened the door it was a real mess, we thought they had given us a room already occupied but turned out it hadn't been cleaned and it was almost 7pm, reception sent someone up because believe you me, it's quite a trek from reception, we were shown another room, but were just offered a twin, we refused as we had payed for a king size, again very disappointed in the fact they they expected us to take it. Then we were told they would upgrade us to an executive room, so off we trotted again, up another floor with the lift shuddering like it had enough, because believe me, at this time of the evening we certainly had. The room was ok, not of the executive standard you would expect, massive chip off the fridge surround, dirty woodwork on the window and a very dusty desk, by this time we were just to weary to complain, we had been travelling for most of the day, so we just went down to the bar, which surprise surprise was lovely, so after a few chilled drinks and a lovely pizza, we trotted off back to our room via a tunnel ( yes a tunnel ) in the shuddering lift again to our room. By the way, our room was 405 but it tells you in the lift to press 3, but then you get out and see you are on floor 2......confusing or what??
Breakfast I must say was lovely, with a wide choice a very good food, which is what you expect from Holiday Inn. Would we go back? No way, I would rather stay at Fawlty Towers.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BlackpoolMouse
Dear Blackpoolmouse,

Thank you for taking time to post your review feedback onto trip advisor , following your recent stay at the hotel. I was as you can imagine very disappointed to listen to your comments made about the executive room that had been allocated to you that had been taken off market for necessary maintenance and housekeeping works. Please accept my sincere apologies for the mistake that was made by my reception team.

I was however really pleased to hear that the Food and Service you received within the main bar lounge had been really good.

I would appreciate if you could give me a call at the hotel at your earliest convienance.

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Food in both the restaurant and at functions is excellent and superb value for money. All staff both permanent and casual are extremely friendly and helpful to guests of all ages. Accommodation is of a very high standard with very comfortable rooms at very reasonable prices. I use this hotel regularly along with many others and am very impressed with the hotel overall. Extremely pleasant stays which I can recommend to all. Absolutely top class!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Bob P,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor.

I was truly delighted to read your kind comments made about excellent Food, Staff and Service you have received from my whole team at the Holiday Inn Doncaster on the different events and occasions you have attended.

It is a pleasure to receive your feedback , we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

hartlepool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel, as part of national holidays coach trip,had read previous reviews and didnt really know what to expect, very friendly staff from the front desk to the waiting staff to the bar staff, it was very busy as they were hosting weddings, but this didnt deter from the excellent service, room very clean, lovely food, excellent breakfast, bar a little bit pricey, but in line with what you would pay in a hotel, would recommend this as a short stay, or a basis for other travel

Room Tip: Ask for a low floor room, its a little way from the entrance so you dont get the noise from people c...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear Franklinhartlepool,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor, following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read your kind comments made about the overall guest experience. I will make sure your comments are shared with all of my team.

Derby, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Just back from one night stay and was pleasantly surprised. We had a dinner bed and breakfast package in an executive room (405). Nice large room with everything you needed, including lovely fluffy towels and bathrobes. The pool wasn't the biggest in the world but had a lovely relaxing time using the leisure facilities. We had our dog with us and were made more than welcome to use most areas of the hotel with her. The food in the restaurant was excellent, as was the service. In a nice location with little park behind the well kept hotel grounds so was perfect for us. A chap who I guess was the manager spoke with us on a number of occasions and was helpful as well as very nice. Well done all round and we look forward to using the hotel again.
Becki

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear BooDerbyUK,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor , following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read your kind comments made about the overall guest experience. I will make sure your comments are shared with all of my team at the hotel.