“Great base for our racing/husbands birthday weekend!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36

Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Annan Scotland
“Great base for our racing/husbands birthday weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We were very impressed with the service, friendliness and food for our weekend away. Ideal base for us for Doncaster and Pontefract races. The room was ideal for us, we had asked for a quiet room and it was, despite the rather noisy wedding celebrations going on downstairs! Had a big shock on Sat night when fire alarm went off at 4.45am, and we had to evacuate, due to small fire, but this was not hotels fault but guests! Although we were a bit concerned there was no roll call!
We ate in the restaurant both nights and the meals were excellent, and the breakfasts very good. Waitress was lovely ( Julie I think ) and very helpful, as was the chef.
I would definitely return to this hotel if in the area again. Thank you to all the lovely, friendly staff.

Room Tip: Room 306 was a nice quiet room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sunlover026
HIDoncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Sunlover026
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that a guest has enjoyed their time and it will give me great pleasure to share your feedback with the team, in particular, Julie in the restaurant.
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Gateshead, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed her 17th/ 18th august as part of a National bus trip so this was not a hotel we had chosen. However we were really surprised by the great room and fab meal that we had. We were booked as a party of 11 so one of the party had to have a single room. We were disappointed to find that all the doubles were together and the single was miles away from us. We asked to be changed as soon as we got the rooms but were told not possible as the hotel was full. Some of the party went for a swim and on the way back again asked to be moved. This time it was different staff on the desk and the single was immediately move to the same corridor as the doubles.. Happy days, happy customers.... While most swam the others descended to the dining room to ask if we could put posters up as we were celebrating 2 50th birthdays. Mark the manager was absolutely fantastic. He arranged for us a table all together and up went the posters , banners and on with the table confetti... Happy days , happy customers. The meal was fantastic. We did not pay much for the trip as a whole so we cannot comment on what it cost as it was no doubt negotiated as a package with National but we had a choice of four starters main courses and deserts and there wasn't an empty plate amongst us , all served piping hot with loads of veg, pots of cream immediatley on request., coffee served in the next room where we could help ourselves. Mark had said that he needed the table back by 8.15 from 6.30. We were happy with this arrangement but then whoever needed it next obviously had a change of plan. Staff were quick to point out to us mid meal that the table was ours for the rest of the night... Bonus and fantastic to be told this. I'm sure a lot of places would not have thought to let us know that information. Breakfast the next day couldn't have been better. Again everything was fresh plentiful and hot, both continental if you wanted it and full English followed by pastries and nutella / honey/ jam... Again we had asked for the same table, and to leave the posters up. No problem / no quibble, happy customers....
The rooms were more than adequate and very bright, not quite airy as the heat at this hotel can be stifling in the bedrooms and corridors, especially for ladies of a certain age. Not being a lover of air con due to noise etc we just opened a window but it didnt cool the room too much as we had to stand on tip toes to open it.However for one night only we could not complain. The sheets , towels were clean, tea coffee making facilities, comfy beds and pillows. Fab. Bit noisey through the night as there was a big wedding on but thats not the hotels fault ... I'm sure the wedding party had a great time by the sounds of it. All in all we had a great stay. Those who swam said it was a good facility , however i was too busy with the charming Mark.
Cheers for making our birthday party weekend one to remember.... xx

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the front of the hotel have a nice view. Two floors but no lift...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIDoncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear gatesheadgirlie

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us. It was delightful to read how well you were looked after by the team here, particularly Mark, our Food & Beverage Manager and how much you enjoyed your overall stay.

It is always a pleasure to recieve such positive feedback and you can rest assured, I will share it with all of the team here at the hotel.

I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Kindest regards

Norwich
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed there for 1 night and as we saw the hotel it looked fab we parked our car and checked in we had a dog with us went to our room it wasn't great the Acon was broken tv very small 2 of lights dinted work we went for swim the pool was nice the man said children are not allowed in the hot tub or the sauna or the steam room which was bad we went to bar a had bar food wich was nice the staff we nice in the bar the furniture outside was nice the next day we went down for breakfast and when we checked in the lady said your breakfast was include we got charged for it not great

Room Tip: If you are going to stag here don't take a dog and don't eat brekfast
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Lewis B
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. While I was pleased to read that you felt the hotel lived up to your expectations with regards to the hotel itself, bar and pool, I was disappointed that other aspects were below your expectations.
It is not clear from your review whether you brought any of these matters to our attention at the time so that some of them could be addressed, particularly with regards to the broken lights, AC and breakfast charges. You also did not state in your review why you don't feel the hotel is an appropriate place for dogs so unfortunately, I can not address that issue.
With regards to the restrictions on children using certain facilities in the leisure club, this is mandated due to the nature of these equipment generally not being suitable for children and is pretty standard in most leisure clubs. They are, however, welcome to visit the pool itself and fitness areas under adult supervision.
In closing, I would like to thank you once again for your comments and I hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Salisbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Not able to bare the thought of 8 hrs in the car with 3 bored children I got a very reasonable price at the Holiday Inn a week before our stay. This enabled us to break the journey into 2 manageable chunks!
Rooms were clean and comfortable, reception staff were polite and friendly. HUGE BONUS - swimming pool for children. We ventured into Doncaster to try to find a possible eating place, with no luck - so, a little reluctantly, we booked to eat in the restaurant.... We were bowled over. The meal was superb and a very reasonable price!! My husband and I had a meal deal 2 courses and a glass of wine; deep fried brie (awesome) I had chicken - delicious, husband had beef pie - very good. Three happy children with good sized portions, starter, main and pudding. Even better, 2 of the 3 children ate free with a paying adult!
Must also say, our waitress was obviously very new but did a great job and was brilliantly supported/supervised by the shift manager; this also showed inspiring management and resulted in excellent customer service. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIDoncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Saralock

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review following your recent stay at The Holiday Inn, Doncaster A1(M) J36. It is always a pleasure to read such lovely feedback particularly the comment regarding our Food & Beverage team.

I will ensure your kind comments are shared with the rest of the team and I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn, Doncaster in the very near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

To be fair we didn't spend an awful lot of time in the room due to attending a wedding.
The room could do with redecorating though.
The bar was quite expensive in my opinion.
The wedding food was great.
Check out time was 11am, can't say that I was too impressed that housekeeping knocked on the door at 9.30 and let themselves in, good job the chain was on the lock.
Fantastic grounds to have a wedding though.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ericajane_x
Dear Ericajane

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback following your recent stay at The Holiday Inn, Doncaster A1 (M) J36. Comments such as yours are vital as we strive to provide the best possible service to our guests.

All rooms are currently undergoing a basic refresh including paint, carpet, woodwork, sealant and grouting which will address the issue highlighted. I will also pass on your comments regarding Housekeeping to the Housekeeping Manager as this is certainly not the required standard.

However, I very much appreciate the kind comments made about the food at the wedding reception and the overall venue.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back the The Holiday Inn, Doncaster in the near future.

Crowborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Convenient and comfy. Only a matter of yards from the A1M at Doncaster, the hotel is conveniently located with lots of parking, spacious entrance and reception and excellent staff with a real customer care attitude.
I didn't eat in the restaurant as I was late in but room service was quick and the food fresh and tasty. Breakfast was a complete help yourself from juice and coffee through continental and fry up all delicious and smiling staff too!
My room was clean, airy with lots of natural light - first class.
It was a real pleasure to visit and yes, I will be back having had my faith restored in Holiday Inns after a poor show in the north east a couple of weeks ago.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Peter G,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor , following your recent stay with us. I was truly delighted to read your kind comments made about the overall guest experience, but in particular the excellent customer service delivered by all of my team.

I will make sure your comments are shared with all of my team at the hotel . I am also delighted that we were able to restore your faith in Holiday Inn and look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Doncaster in the near future

Kind Regards,

Nigel Dibb
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Holiday Inn held a wedding for my daughter and my future son-in-law.
The whole event was a great success, mainly due to Holiday Inn. The venue was smart and clean, and the staff were very professional throughout. The rooms were very nice too.
One of the staff was the Master of Ceremonies and he controlled the whole occasion.
The food was excellent. This included the breakfast lunch, the barbeque in the evening and the breakfast the following morning.
Thank you to Holiday Inn for making my daughter's wedding the special day it was.
I would recommend this location for anyone contemplating a venue for such a special day

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Marcus W
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear Marcus W,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor, following your daughter & future son in law's Wedding Reception held at the hotel. I was truly delighted to read your kind comments made about whole guest experience, but in particular the excellent Food and Service. I will make sure your feedback is shared with all of the team at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Doncaster in the near future

Kind Regards,