“Beautiful, peaceful and luxury” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36

Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, peaceful and luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in August 2013 and the hotel is in a lovely location with reasonably big and very clean rooms (with freeview TV) and it also offers guests free leisure facilities, including a hot tub and a heated swimming pool. The restaurant does a nice three course meal and the prices are very reasonable and bar prices are average for a hotel. A great hotel I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shannon I
HolidayInn_Doncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Shannon I

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn, Doncaster A1(M) J36. It is always a pleasure to read such lovely comments and I am delighted that you would recommend us to others.

I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in Dec 2013. Good location, hotel clean, rooms good size with everything you need, free view tv, free buffet breakfast made stay the little but better. Definitely recommend this hotel would use again, prices readonable.

Stayed December 2013
HolidayInn_Doncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear jjw81

Thank you for taking the time to share such lovely feedback following your recent stay at The Holiday Inn, Doncaster A1(M) J36. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel met your expectations and that you would not hesitate to recommend us.

Kindest Regards and Best Wishes for the New Year

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We have just come back from staying at the holiday inn in warmsworth, the outskirts of Doncaster. It is a beautiful setting - the old warmsworth hall from start to finish we felt cared for. spoilt and special that includes all staff from manager to reception, chambermaids to restaurant. The staff especially i would like to mention are Wendy who looked after us at breakfast Christine. And les the chefs. Even the room service and kitchen pampered to my two twelve year old boys late night snacks

Room Tip: Make sure you have enough time there to enjoy the swimming pool
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Clare R

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn, Doncaster A1(M) J36. It is always a pleasure to read such kind comments and I will be delighted to pass along your compliments to Wendy, Christina and Les.

We do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kindest Regards and best wishes for the New Year

Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights earlier this month on business as my training centre wasn't too far away. Arrived early evening Sunday night, first thing to notice is that the surroundings are very nice and the size of the hotel grounds are fairly impressive. Check-In was a doddle and the room I had was probably fairly standard for a 4* Holiday Inn, but it was very clean and spacious with all the mod-cons.

Used the Bar on the first night with a couple of colleagues, standard Holiday Inn menu and the food quality/service was pretty good. The on-site Restaurant was nice too, not going to win any culinary awards but on the whole the menu was varies, the food was tasty and the service was friendly/quick. Breakfast was also pretty standard for Holiday Inn in terms of quality but it seemed there was a bit more variety at this particular hotel which was welcomed by my colleagues and I.

Used the gym both nights and of all the IHG hotels I have stayed at, the facilities here were by far the best I have stayed at - one gym for free weights with plenty of kit and a separate cardio gym meant there was plenty of space to train and the pool/sauna was welcomed after a heavy crossfit session with some of my colleagues.

Location-wise it probably isn't the best for a romantic night away but it isn't too far away from the dizzy lights of Donny. To be fair Leeds isn't that far away if you are looking to go somewhere special but as a business traveller I would be more than happy to return to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInn_Doncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Ibdubya

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed and lovely feedback regarding your recent stay at The Holiday Inn, Doncaster A1(M) J36. It is always a pleasure to read such comments and I am particularly delighted that you found the team friendly and that your stay met and in some areas exceeded your expectations.

I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Kindest Regards and Have a Fantastic Christmas

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Had a Christmas Tribute Party meal at the hotel. They very kindly fitted our party of 4 in although it was booked last minute. The 3 course meal was really nice and the staff were very organised and efficient when serving everyone. The Michael Buble / Robbie Williams Tribute act was great. The whole night was enjoyed by all. 10 out of 10, and well done to all the hotel staff involved for making it such a lovley evening.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Is66

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your evening at the Holiday Inn, Doncaster A1(M) J36. I am so pleased that we were able to accommodate your request and I'm glad you thought, as I did, that the Michael Buble/Robbie Williams act was excellent. We will not hesitate to book him again!

Kindest Regards and Have a Wonderful Christmas and New Year

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights whilst on business. I have to say that I was presently surprised by The holiday Inn. The hotel and sourrindings were very plesnet. The room was very clean and well maintained. The staff were very helpful and plesent. Food was very good. I ate from both bar and restaurant menus and I was very happy with quality and presentation. I would gladly recommend this hotel and will be staying here the next time I am in the area for business. My only gripe is the lack of free WiFi which is the one thing I expect now days from the big hotel chains.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Neil S

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at The Holiday Inn, Doncaster A1(M) J36. It is always a pleasure to recieve such lovely comments and it is particularly pleasing to hear that you were with us for four nights and found the hotel exceeded your expectations in many areas.

I was further delighted to read that you do intend to return. We always like to welcome back our guests who we see as part of our family. I did note that you were disappointed at the lack of free Wi-Fi. I would recommend if you have not already done so, signing up for IHG Rewards Club. All IHG Rewards members recieve one hour of free internet per day and Gold and Platinum members recieve free internet throughout their stay. Moreover, from July 2014, free internet will be extended to all IHG Rewards Club members. I hope this is something you will consider.

In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and wish you a pleasant Christmas and New Year

Basingstoke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here for the night when visiting family in the local area, we chose to drive down late as our young daughter would them sleep well in the car.
The Night Porters welcome was very welcoming and sincere, he checked us in professionally and efficiently and tried to up sell breakfast to us in the morning. I have stayed before and the breakfast is excellent but it was a flying visit with lots of family to visit so we would be up and gone very early.
Our bedroom was spacious and very clean, we all slept really well.
Check out was again professional and hassle free.
We will be staying again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInn_Doncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Chilworth Manor

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback with us regarding your recent stay at The Holiday Inn, Doncaster A1(M) J36. It is always a pleasure to read such lovely comments and I will be certain to share your review with the night team following the lovely welcome they gave you.

Hopefully next time you visit us, you will be able to spend a little more time enjoying the facilities here at the hotel! We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.