“DB&B Rate”

Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Arrival very good, efficient friendly receptionist asked about time of evening meal which we booked for 8pm. DB&B rate £84
Room was very spacious & clean
We proceeded to restaurant for 8pm & there wasn't any details of our reservation, they were particularly busy but we managed to find a table. The waitress gave us the one menu with a limited variety, pizzas, pasta, salads & very expensive steaks! We perused the menu for a while not knowing what we were entitled to within our rate so I had to try & get the staff's attention to explain our allowances, this gave us a main course as we opted to have the steak & half a starter. We also were not asked if we wanted any drinks whilst we were waiting for our meal I also had to beckon some one over.We ended up paying nearly £100 instead of £84 DB&B!! The group we were with was the English table tennis association who had a large table of officials & umpires which apparently were give a TDH menu for there choice (three course in with the rate). Think the staff in the restaurant should be aware of DB&B & produce a TDH menu for allowances within this rate
DONT GET CAUGHT OUT & end up paying a lot more money
Hotel itself very nice & worth a visit

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
HolidayInn_Doncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Debsink

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay overall.

I read with disappointment about the less than favourable experience at dinner, more that the dinner arrangements appear not to have been explained to you at all at any point. The rate you stayed on was the DBB rate which includes a £23.00 allowance per person which can be spent on anything on the menu. We do not operate a TDH menu normally although one was arranged in advance for the table you referred to who were dining at the same time as you. While I understand that you were staying for the same purpose as the group, your stay was booked under separate cover hence why other guests were not included in this arrangement. That said, we will treat this as a lesson learned and will hereon in offer the limited menu to all diners when arranged for the Table Tennis group.

That said, I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back hopefully for the same event next year.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My experience with Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M) unfortunately was not very good. Check in was quite efficient to be fair but when I arrived at my room I immediately noticed a used condom on the floor and went back to the reception. The receptionist agreed that it looked disgusting and offered me a new room. The new room was better as there were no condoms on the floor but there was mould on the window, cracks and stains on the walls and hairs on the bathroom tiles. The bed linen looked clean though. Overall not a pleasant experience, I am definitely not coming back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInn_Doncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Silverygoldrainbow

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback following your recent experience with us. I was made aware the very next day of the issue with your initial bedroom. I hope that you can see from other reviews that this is certainly not the standard we normally deliver to our guests and the issue has been dealt with internally. I can only apologise that this was your experience as it is unacceptable.

We are aware of increasing problems with our windows. Many of them need resealing which is an ongoing effort but in the meantime, we have just today purchased a steam cleaner which will assist us in removing some of the residue build up in a few of our rooms. We are also currently going through our bedrooms and repainting/papering them.

I know that you mentioned you would not wish to return to the hotel which is completely understandable under the circumstances, however, should you reconsider this, please contact me directly and I will be happy to ensure your stay is far more befitting of our normal high standards.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times since last year. We use it as a stopover while traveling to Scotland. It is perfectly located just off the A1 but away from any noise pollution. The staff are incredibly friendly, nothing is too much for them and they have a wealth of local knowledge which is very helpful. We travel with a small dog and the hotel and staff go out of their way to ensure we can have breakfast in the bar area so she can be with us. If you are traveling with a dog and children I would highly recommend staying here, they have super amenties for this. Food is very good and great value for money, evening meals in both the restuarant and the bar are equally as nice. Good choice for breakfast, there really isn't anything they don't cater for. Rooms are clean and beds very comfy, good value for money. We nipped into town which was less the £10 in a taxi, Doncaster market is worth a visit. This is our preferred stopever destination!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank minikobe
HolidayInn_Doncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Minikobe

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Holiday Inn, Doncaster A1(M) J36. It is always a pleasure to read such positive comments and I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to seeing you here again in the near future

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I recently spent a week here whilst on a training course and overall was happy with the hotel, the breakfast and lunch food was good with attentive staff.the room itself was clean and tidy and serviced well each day.
My only problem with the room was the black mould around the metal windows which I think is due to poor ventilation but had not been cleaned or dealt with.
I would stay in this hotel again but only if my company again paid for the room I thought it was quite expensive.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Dylan001

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback following your recent stay at The Holiday Inn, Doncaster A1(M) J36. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel met your expectations during the week you were with us and thank you for your positive comments regarding the team, cleanliness and food.

While I can not identify the room you stayed in from your review, I have passed your constructive feedback regarding the window to our Head Housekeeper. We are finding some of the seals on the windows are starting to fail which creates condensation so I have asked her to check all of the rooms and report back the ones that need attention and take care of any mould at the same time.

In closing, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The hotel is ideally situated just off the A1(M), and used to be the Doncaster Moat House before it got taken over by Holiday Inn.

The hotel itself could do with a bit of an update of fixtures and fittings, as it starts to show its age.

Reception area is well appointed and offers a welcoming sight. The bar and restaurant area, and access to conference facilities are just behind reception on your left. Again, very well appointed and welcoming bar and restaurant, with the benefit of two large conservatories, that make it a nice experience, especially if it's a nice day.

From reception, you walk down "sauna tunnel" to the adjacent building that contains most rooms plus an indoor pool and gym.

We had a nice experience, although reception staff could have been a bit friendlier. The food offered in the restaurant was of a medium-to-high standard, and the staff were very friendly. Breakfast was superb.

Would recommend, with our only reservation being the rather aged décor (also, room was a bit too hot during the night).

Room Tip: They have interconnecting rooms, which also happen to be the largest. If you are cheeky enough, ask...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sisco T

Dear Sisco T

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at The Holiday Inn, Doncaster A1(M) J36. I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and have passed on your constructive comments regarding the decor.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Another business hotel, the best word to describe is probably adequate?

Location is good, just off A1 which is excellent, the appearance is also good, fairly modern and internet is available which is really important (and free).

Staff were friendly, however, not great when I was greeted by 2 staff talking about getting away from the hotel, I also had to wait to be served while they decided their future.

Food was poor in restaurant, also overpriced, bedroom was clean but smelly.

Not a hotel I would rush back to visit

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInn_Doncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Dave A

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at The Holiday Inn, Doncaster. While I was pleased that you found our location and appearance good and on the whole, you found our team friendly, I was disappointed that you felt your time with us was only just adequate.

We try our very best to be more than an average business hotel and feel that our surroundings stand us in good stead to do this. We rarely recieve negative feedback on the quality of the food as is seen in many of the positive reviews on this site. Additionally, we would endeavour to ensure our guests' comfort at all times and if you found your room to be below par due to an odour, we would certainly have taken care of that for you had you have let us know and if it was due to something that could not immediately be remedied, we would have moved your room wherever possible.

I do agree with you that team members having personal conversations, particularly those that involve one of their impending departure is inappropriate and I have advised our reception manager so that she can address this issue on the whole with her team.

In closing, I do hope that, should you be visiting the Doncaster area in the future, you will try us out again.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We regularly book customers/employees here who always seem to feedback excellent hotel, friendly staff, nice rooms, good food and the hotel benefits from a gym and pool. We choose to have our Annual Sales Conference with this hotel because everything is organised and planned so well by Emma

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInn_Doncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Sarah F

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such lovely feedback regarding your recent experience working with the Holiday Inn, Doncaster A1(M) J36. It is a pleasure to read that you are yourself getting such positive comments from the guests you book into the hotel.

Rest assured I will be sharing your feedback with the team, in particular, Emma. We look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.