“Superb ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
“Superb ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at the holiday inn as was visiting the wildlife centre nearby. The price was cheap so didn't expect much, but was happily surprised to find the most amazing staff. Always went out of their way to help us. The room was great, swimming pool was excellent and lastly the breakfast was wonderful! Will recommend again and again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jamie C
HolidayInn_Doncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Jamie C

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found the team and facilities to exceed your expectations.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Wildlife Park, it is definately one of my personal favourites attractions to visit.

I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Devon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business for 2 nights. On the website the old buildings appealed to me but prospective guests should be aware that the old house only contains the conference accommodation . My room was rather tired and my bathroom tiles were definitely circa 1985. The swimming pool and changing rooms are very grotty and look really grubby , beyond basic cleaning. Many tiles are cracked and I felt like I needed another shower after using the changing room showers. On a positive note all staff were very friendly and helpful and my room service dinner was excellent on both nights.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank iloveweekends
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear ILoveweekends

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor, following your two night
business stay at the hotel. We are as a team always looking to make improvements to our overall guest experience and product and really appreciate your constructive feedback on the bathroom and Leisure Club changing rooms. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I was delighted to read your kind comments made about the friendly and helpful staff and the excellent room service dinner. I will make sure your feedback is shared with my whole team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

From check in to departure the staff couldn't do enough for us. Great location and very clean. It was my first time in Doncaster but I would book here again if I ever go back. The bar staff deserve a specia mention for there local knowledge as well as the service.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank jovialbarman
Dear Jovialbarman,

Thank you ever so much for posting your feedback onto trip advisor, following your
recent stay at the hotel. I was truly delighted to read your kind comments made and your overall
five star rating. I will make sure your feedback is shared with all of my team at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Doncaster in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Easy to find, right by the A1 and plenty of parking. Expected holiday inn efficiency but the decor is quite tired and dated in the manor suite. Lunchtime buffet food was rather random....chicken on red sauce on a piece of bread called bruscetta....random dishes which did not go together, carb overload! Having said that the waiting staff were really friendly and there was no shortage of food, did expect better quality for the food though based on the price.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Allison Brett,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to share your feedback onto trip advisor , following a recent conference that you attended at the hotel. We are always as a team looking to improve and enhance our overall conference facilities at the hotel and really appreciate your feedback.

With regards to the conference lunch we work really closely with all of our main conference organisors and try to make sure that we vary and cater for everyone's special requirements.
I have passed on your constructive comments , regarding the chicken dish served on a warm bread bruscetta. I was delighted to read your kind comments made about the friendly service you received from all of my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

The check-in was a bit slow but as we were a coach party that was to be expected. The receptionist was very efficient and friendly.

The room was clean and very spacious, although when we entered it, we found it very hot as the sun was shining through the window, but opening the window helped. The room had tea/coffee facilities, a hairdrier and a trouser press and also iron and ironing board! There was a shower and bath and also complimentary toiletries.

The food was very good and with 3 choices of main for dinner and included full English breakfast both buffet style.

The hotel is set in nice spacious private grounds, and the only thing wrong was that you had to walk on the driveway and avoid any cars driving past as there was no path to walk on if you left the hotel.

The hotel is near enough to Doncaster to catch a bus - about 15-20 mins journey.

Overall we enjoyed our stay here, all the staff were friendly and professional and we would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Book a room on the top floor away from the lifts.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ohrwethereyet
HolidayInn_Doncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear olly01

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read such positive comments in relation to your room, the food and the staff at the hotel which I will share with the rest of the team.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here on Sunday 4th May on route to Filey. From reception to room service nothing was to much trouble. Very comfy bed and two very comfortable armchairs which were a great asset to the room as in our experience you never usually get.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInn_Doncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear ctkingham

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to read such positive assurance that our team is providing the best possible service to our valued guests and I was delighted to read that you found the accommodation comfortable.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Checked out this hotel as a potential property to recommend for a group coming over for the Tour De France.

Location perfect for their needs and the hotel offers excellent value for money.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInn_Doncaster, Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Sally4Holidays

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn, Doncaster A1(M) J36. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel location to be ideal and that you felt the value and staff were also great.

We very much look forward to the opportunity to welcome the group you are looking to place and if we can be of any further assistance on this or anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.