“gateway to the lakes”

Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Reviewed 13 May 2009

nice place,pleasant staff,close to the lakes

Stayed: April 2007

Reviewed 25 April 2009

It's a fairly typical Holiday Inn with its overpriced food, and the hotel looks dated. However, we (two adults and two teenage boys) found the staff very friendly and very helpful. The hotel was very clean and had good facilities including a swimming pool. Located very close to the A1. All-in-all we had a very pleasant two night stay and thought it was good value for money - probably worth three and a half stars. Would recommend it to people wanting a good value base close to Doncaster

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2009

We often stay in Holiday Inns & this is the most basic we've ever encountered.
The rooms were clean & would have been fine when they were last refurbished in 1977, the shower was a trickle & the windows don't open.
I paid £5.60 for a glass of very average red wine, breakfast was an example of no expense being spent, on the whole it wasn't terrible but certainly hot up to the expected standard.
On the plus side the staff were very friendly & helpful but that was the only plus.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed 1 March 2009

I stayed in the Holiday Inn for work in Feb 2009. My room was fine (if a little on the small side), but generally well kept. The hotel is largely unremarkable...until you order food! We had around 25 in our party, and every single person agreed that the food was terrible (to the point of some becoming unwell). Steaks were rubbery and overcooked, soups were bland. We got the impression that later meals were prepared with the leftovers from earlier services. Truly awful.
Overall, the hotel is fine for somewhere to sleep, but if you find yourself here, I would certainly Google a couple of local restaurants to eat in.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank FJPS1981
Generalmanager45, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2009

Dear DoubleOhThirteen,

Thank you for your review. I was very sorry to read that you did not enjoy the meals you had with us during your recent stay. I will naturally take some time to discuss your comments with the Head Chef & Restaurant Manager. Please accept my apologies and indeed those of the rest of my team.

Reviewed 3 January 2009

My friends, my husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Doncaster for the New Year's Eve dinner and an overnight stay. I would have to give the dinner dance 5/5. The decor for the evening was fabulous and the food excellent. The staff were really helpful and efficient, managing to serve the meals quickly. Only one thing could have improved the evening and that would have been a piper at midnight to pipe in the haggis (we all agreed that this would have been preferred to a cabaret singer). Our overnight stay and whole experience was lovely with only one minor complaint stopping me give a total 5/5: Although the rooms have been refurbished since we last stayed there, the bathroom was a bit grubby and in need of help - the shower being really poor. All in all though, I would definitely recommend this hotel for a New Year stay and I'm sure we will be booking for next year.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank millsyjb
Generalmanager45, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2009

Dear Millsyjb,

I am really pleased to read of your enjoyment at our New Years Eve celebrations. I also thought the room looked fantastic and I will pass on your comments to the hotel team.

I welcome your suggestion for next (or this) year's event which is already in the planning. I will also review our bathrooms to ensure that we look to continually improve.

Reviewed 27 October 2008

Satyed at this holiday Inn for one night on the return from bridlington. We booked the hotel using our points (as a priority club member), we were given vouchers on arrival for use in bars/resurant which we duly used and were impressed with the meal in the resurant, and friendly service( Hubby dosen't like me to use vouchers but I say why give them to you if they don't want you to use them?) this little extra in vouchers can make you decide to use resturant especially if your on a budget.

Rooms spacious very clean and excellent breakfast as always at holiday inns and again service with a smile.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank noway66
Generalmanager45, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2008

Dear Noway66,

Thank you for the feedback and I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It's good to read that you are making the most of your priority club membership as well as the vouchers we give out at reception.

Reviewed 13 June 2008

stayed here with family on easter sunday.weather was poor and the car park is a fair hike from the reception.this is a qmh hotel franchised to holiday inn therefore the menu is a bit different and the leisure club has a significantly smaller pool.the evening menu was of limited appeal to the children but still ok.the jacuzzi was out of service in the morning.the rooms are a little small by hi standards and i felt the decor was a bit tired my wife felt i was being a little harsh however.the bar seems to attract a lot of locals and the drinks were reasonably price dovwerall an ok stay

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Generalmanager45, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2008

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I note your comments about the hotel having some dated areas. We do have a schedule of continual refurbishment so I trust the area you refer to will have been modernised by your next visit.

Kind Regards,