Lowest prices for your stay
£67
HolidayInn.com
£67
Save more with IHG One Rewards
All reviews warmsworth hall health club leisure facilities executive room the main hotel wedding party evening meal following morning plenty of parking double bed one night stay car park gym reception motorway scotland inns
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2019 via mobile

This Hotel met all standards you would expect from a Holiday Inn. Good sized, clean room, good bath/ shower, plenty hot water.
However the food was better than expected, fresh cooked with children eating free. Breakfast buffet was good.
The reception staff were friendly and helpful. Thanks to Lukas who personally sorted out the room temperature for us.
My granddaughter loved the swimming pool after breakfast. It was her birthday treat along with a trip to the fabulous Yorkshire Wildlife Park. This Hotel is ideally situated for the park, will definitely repeat this trip.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2019

Firstly, I would like to say that the customer service we got at this hotel was excellent. I was unhappy about paying £70 for two dogs for three nights as I believe this to be excessive and as we had stayed at other Holiday Inns where the dogs and breakfast were included in the cost of the room it was a bit of a shock to be charged this extra amount. I did ask if the additional charge included the dogs breakfast! I would have been prepared to pay a token amount for any extra cleaning required although our dogs were very clean and did not cause any cleanliness issues. We were given a room on the ground floor which was helpful with the dogs.
The room itself was pretty tired and there were a number of issues, i.e. tear in carpet, rip in one of the seats, wardrobe door was wonky and did not close easily, handle on bath was loose and there were stains on the worn carpet. However it was clean so that was fine. We were offered an upgrade after David came to inspect the room but as we had unpacked and the dogs had just settled we decided to stay where we had been allocated.
On two occasions we were only left one bath towel and one hand towel - I got an additional towel on the first night when I requested it but on the third night when we came back and there was only one bath towel again I did not bother to mention it as we were leaving the next morning.
The breakfast buffet was excellent, although the fried and scrambled eggs had obviously been sitting for a little while and were pretty dried out and rubbery. I am sure though that had I requested a fresh fried egg this would have been provided. There was a very good selection for the continental breakfast and although the coffee was out of a machine it was pretty good.
All the staff we encountered were friendly and welcoming and that makes a huge difference especially when you are a bit travel weary. I would especially like to mention Anna and David, the reception staff, who dealt with our issues so pleasantly. We are not people who make a habit of complaining so it was a relief to be dealt with so professionally and without making us feel awkward in any way.
I do think the charges for dogs need reviewing though and maybe a refundable deposit would be an option if there were any additional cleaning issues.
Thank you so much for your hospitality and when we next visit Scotland via Doncaster we will definitely be back.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Chris L
Reviewed 29 September 2019 via mobile

Clean room, provided with hairdryer, iron, kettle etc. When we went down for dinner, there were no available tables and no food left even though the buffet had just began to be served, we finally managed to get one piece of lasagne and ate it off our knees in the bar area!!!!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andie V
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1 (M), JCT.36, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2019

Hello Andie V,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making the Holiday Inn your hotel here in Doncaster. We're grateful that you chose us.

We're all making our guests smile, Andie V, but I'm sorry to leave you feeling otherwise. Though it's great that our rooms perfectly suited your needs, I read that you had no choice but to eat your breakfast at the bar area. I understand that this got your morning off to a rough start.

Trust that I have brought this before the management's attention and be discussed within all concerned staff. We may not have been our best on this trip but I'm positive to end this with a 5-stars on your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Kind regards,

Frank A.

Reviewed 24 September 2019

I can’t believe this is a holiday inn, stayed here for one night with business, luckily the outside of the building and the service was nice because the interior needs a whole new re-vamp. Stained carpets, stained shower curtain, broken drawer leg, ripped curtains & genuinely felt like I was in a horror film with the decor. Wouldn’t stay again!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BC654321
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1 (M), JCT.36, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2019

Hello BC654321,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your review. Our goal is to deliver the joy of travel for all. While I am glad that you're pleased with the outside appearance of our hotel and with the service provided by our staff, I am sorry we missed the mark with the overall condition of the room received and that you found it needs updating. We value your feedback. Trust that your comments are shared with our hotel management for the necessary improvements to our facilities.

I hope you give us another chance should you get to visit the area again!

Many thanks,

Jonathan A

Reviewed 22 August 2019 via mobile

Visited this hotel on business this week and elected an ‘executive room ‘

God knows what standard rooms are like !!

To be fair staff were pleasant and the drinks were reasonable . Breakfast was of an average standard .

I think it’s fair to say the place is tired and requires an awful lot of modernisation.

I had to take a picture of the chair in our executive room , it should have been in a skip 10 years ago .

Thanks for reading my review.

Date of stay: August 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1 (M), JCT.36, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2019

Dear kevinH89,

We appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

We are very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the condition of our room. I apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. Please be assured, that we have noted and forwarded your comments about our room for the management to improve. In the midst of the inconvenience I am glad to know that the service of our staff was still appreciated.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,