“Friendly pub with great food and nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Angel Inn & Lodge

Angel Inn & Lodge
Ranked #2 of 24 Doncaster B&B and Inns
London
“Friendly pub with great food and nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We dropped in on our way to Doncaster on Friday night, just googled gastro pub, and found the Angle stopped in to have a look and immediately liked the atmosphere, the landlady was engaging and we booked for dinner on Saturday night, it's nice to see a menus that isn't a book a few well chosen dishes plus a specials board, unusual for us we had three courses, the cheesecake was great as were the marinated steaks and the tapas starters, we had wine Nero D'Avola which was superb. The also have Beck's blue which means you can have something non alcoholic if you fancy a beer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Simone F, Owner at Angel Inn & Lodge, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Angel Inn, I'm really pleased you gave us a try, and more importantly, enjoyed your visit. I do hope you will pop in next time you are in the area.
Simone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just had a fantastic evening at the Angel. A themed evening, with 8 dishes representing 8 different countries'. Lovely welcome, Brilliant food ,Brilliant atmosphere. Can't wait until the next one. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yvonne P
Simone F, Owner at Angel Inn & Lodge, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed our theme night, and all of our dishes. We do normally hold 4 or 5 events a year, just to keep things interesting. Our next theme is Indian Summer, offering a mixed platter followed by a choice of curries. This is on 25th September, I hope we see you there.
Kendal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stopped overnight recently and really enjoyed the experience.

The rooms are a nice size, very clean and has all the amenities that yiou would expect to find including tea and coffee making facilities, biscutes, bottled water etc.

Nice size bathroom with wet area type shower.

Food and service in the pub was excellent. Has its own car park.

Had the posh fish and chips with homemade musshy peas, all served on a wooden platter.

The only down side was the village church clock that chimes every hour throughout the night.

Would stop again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank EvolutionCaptain
Simone F, Owner at Angel Inn & Lodge, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for reviewing us. The church bells are a funny subject. Some people don't notice them, others hear them when going to bed and then after 6 but don't realise that they have been chiming all night, and unfortunately, ocassionally, people do hear them all through the night.
I'm delighted that it wouldn't put you off returning though.
Thanks again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Angel for a night (Saturday 24th) en route to our stay at a spa hotel the next day. It was our 1st wedding anniversary. We're so pleased we found this little place! The pub is nice and cosy. We had our dinner there in the evening and it was superb - so much so I asked to have my main again! The rooms are at the back of the pub, nice and clean and gorgeous comfortable beds. Friendly staff and great service. The breakfast next morning was excellent. To be honest, staying here was nicer than the hotel we were going onto. We'd definitely like to stay again. Thankyou!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Simone F, Owner at Angel Inn & Lodge, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Congratulations! I didn't realise it was your anniversary. I'm delighted you had such an enjoyable visit, it was a pleasure to meet you.
I do hope you get a chance to visit again.
Doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Only live 20 mins away but have never been before, although we have heard many good things about it.
The pub is pretty much like others in our area by appearance ( internal and external ) but the food is definitely a notch up when compared to the usual pub grub.
Thoroughly enjoyed it and well worth another visit

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Simone F, Owner at Angel Inn & Lodge, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your visit, thanks for coming out here. I do hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I took the family there today and had the Sunday dinner. I had the roast beef which was lovely, served pink just as it should be. Nice selection of roast veg and a decent Yorkshire pud. My mum had the chicken which she also said was nice. They also do smaller portions for the little ones.

We are looking at buying a new house close the area so this could well become a regular haunt.

Some constructive criticism if I may:

The kids meal came out on a red hot plate and the waitress didn't warn us about it when it was put down in front of my 3 year old son. Luckily he didn't touch it. I only knew about it when I went to pick the plate up to cut the food up. I don't think Kids meals do need to be on hot plates.

The music was a little too loud in the conservatory, but that could be my age, then again I'm only 40.

Finally, as stated, a good selection of veg except I think it could do with some greens like broccoli or peas.

Will definitely return as I enjoyed it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Simone F, Owner at Angel Inn & Lodge, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We take all comments on board, so thank you for your constructive criticism. I will be speaking with the kitchen team with regard to the hot plates, and do totally agree with you. We do change our vegetables depending on the season, and have just finished using spring cabbage. We will shortly be changing to include home-grown french beans, but I will mention it to our kitchen team for the interim.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit, and do hope that you visit us again soon.
redcar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We needed the Sat Nav to get here and at one point wondered if we had the right place. What a delight .The rooms are at the back of the pub in an annexe .They are lovely and clean with complimentary toiletries. It was very quiet the only noise being the church clock chiming. The breakfast was lovely as everything was made to order .Very fluffy scrambled egg and gorgeous home made jam. The full English was brilliant .We had an evening meal on the night and we had a Deli board and a Tapas board and they were to die for. The atmosphere in the bar made us spend a lovely evening .We will be back

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Simone F, Owner at Angel Inn & Lodge, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
It's always lovely to get positive reviews, thank you. We're very lucky to have good 'locals' in the pub, and they do always create a nice atmosphere. I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast - they do say it's the most important meal of the day.
I hope you had a safe journey, and that we have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.
Simone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
The Crown Hotel
The Crown Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bawtry
Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport

Been to Angel Inn & Lodge? Share your experiences!