“asked for a quiet room”

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“asked for a quiet room”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

spent our wedding night here 25 years ago,thought it it would be nice to go back,asked for a top floor quiet room, got room 107 which benefited from the kitchen extractor being outside turning off at 9.30 in the evening and coming on at 6.17 in the morning.2nd of may we found a mothers day menu in the room .tardy house keeping our advertising for next year??????

Room Tip: check the room first
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Rossendale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Nice hotel in a good position but our room was claustraphic it was that small, That said it was extremely clean.
The lounge area is small with limited seating
Staff could do with extra training, at breakfast the yound lady had to repeatedly come back and check our order and even then she brought out tea instead of coffee!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
mdl501, Manager at Grand St Leger Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Gail,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay with us.

I am of course pleased to hear that you were happy with our location and the close proximity to Doncaster racecourse, together with the fact that you thought your room was extremely clean.

Please accept my apologies for the confusion at breakfast. I have looked into your comments and it seems that you were served by a relatively new member of staff, however, I will ensure the matter is addressed during in staff training.

Hull
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My husband recently arranged for us to stay here as a surprise night away. He upgraded to a deluxe room with a four poster bed and a jacuzzi bath. The room was lovely, spaceous and very modern. We didn't eat here on the evening, but we did have the cooked breakfast. Apart from the sausages, the food was lovely. Just what you'd expect from a cooked breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall a pleseant stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Zippytigger
Thank you for taking the time to leave your recent review regarding your stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and to read your positive comments rgearding different aspects of your stay with us.

I note your comments regarding the sausages at breakfast and have passed these on to the Head Chef and asked him to review the matter

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We thought the rooms were lovely and great value. £65 incl breakfast.
Nice big rooms, king size bed, huge tele, jacuzzi bath, nice and comfortable and warm.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Sophie.

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear your comments and that you had such an enjoyable stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

uk
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed here for one night last week. Very good value for money, very clean room, comfortable bed and excellent modern bathroom. The food was excellent, in the evening I chose one of the specials, and it was delicious. the breakfast, served by the same waitress who was quietly friendly and very efficient, was lovely and I couldnt fault it. In fact i couldnt finish it, it was so huge! The only downside to this hotel was it was too hot! The room was about 120 degrees and consequently had a poor nights sleep, the resturant and public areas were also far too hot, the receptionist was complaining also.would stay here again, very convenient for the races.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank fabflowers
Thank you for your recent review. I am of course delighted with the positive comments you make regarding value for money, cleanliness and the food & the fact that you would stay with us again.

I would however like to apologise for the fact that you found the hotel to be too hot for you. Whilst, it is impossible to meet everyone's needs in the respect, it is clear on the occasion that we failed to regulate the heat adequately during the time of your stay, and this is something I will address. I am not sure if you were made aware, but fans are available on request from reception; please accept my apologies if you were not aware of this.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Hereford
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed here to attend a modern jive evening close by. I had a lovely good sized single room with a very nice bathroom too. The room was warm and had all the facilities I needed. After a restful night's sleep I had a hearty breakfast which came so well presented. The staff were all lovely and I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Diana A
Dear Diana

Many thanks for taking the time to post your recent review.

I am of course delighted, as are all of the staff that you had such a wonderful time with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My new husband and I have just had our wedding party at the Grand St Leger on Sat 28th Jan 2012 and it was fantastic.

All of the staff were great, especially Paula who was a great help planning our wedding party and also helped us on the night, making sure we didn't have to worry about anything. Everything ran smoothly and we've had some excellent comments and feedback from our guests.

One of the best parts of having the party here was there was 3 rooms, one with the disco & a bar, one with the buffet and then another bar area. That meant there was plenty of room for everyone and some of the older relatives had a chance to be in a quieter room rather than just the room with the disco.

All in all a fab night, highly recommended hotel and wedding venue with great central location too!

Thanks to everyone (especially Paula) for making our wedding party a fantastic night.

Al & Mike

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AlisonB65
Dear Al & Mike,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and congraulate you again on behalf of us all at the Grand St Leger Hotel.

I am of course deilighted that you had such a fantastic time at the hotel and I have passed your comments on to all the staff involved on the day, including Paula who was particularly pleased to hear your comments.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the futture.