Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2019

We booked the Grand St Leger Hotel for its location near to the Doncaster race course. On our arrival we were allowed to check in early and the staff could not have been friendlier or more welcoming. The room was to a good standard and there was plenty of car parking space.

As we didn't want to venture far that night we used the hotel restaurant for dinner and then the bar. Again the staff could not do enough for us. The dinner was excellent but the only very minor comment I would make is that when serving sea food the restaurant should have the right utensils to eat it. I ordered a full crab as my main course and it was huge, unfortunately I was only given a small set of crackers which were totally inadequate as they were not big enough to gain leverage to crack the claws, there was also no picks to remove the meat from within claws. I therefore had to try and eat the crab using my bare hands to break the claws and a standard fork and knife to try and dig the meat out. As crab claws can become very sharp when broken there is a distinct danger that someone could badly cut yourself with this method. The only complaint I did have was that the waiter had to pass between my chair and another guest's chair to get to the wine storage counter and every single time he went past he banged into my chair (quite hard at times). In fairness to the waiter I don't think he actually realised he was doing it, but it was quite annoying nonetheless.

The bar was very comfortable and had a decent selection of beers although I actually prefer bitter but there was no bitter available.

The breakfast was freshly cooked to order and was very good.

Overall it was a very nice place to stay and we certainly wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2019

Had our Daughters Christening party at Grand St leger Hotel this weekend, absolutely fabulous!
From start to finish, nothing was too much trouble, staff were very friendly and accommodating.
We had lots of guests that had travelled to Doncaster for the weekend and all were delighted with their rooms.
The food, service, atmosphere was just perfect. Definitely recommend this Doncaster hotel. It’s a real gem with lots of character.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2019

What a wonderful hotel! We stayed for the weekend and cannot fault our stay! The staff were very friendly and welcoming on arrival and this continued for the whole weekend. Our room was very spacious and comfortable with a lovely jacuzzi bath to relax in! The staff couldn’t do enough for us and there was always someone on hand to help. We couldn’t believe the value for money this hotel offered and included a top class breakfast in the morning. Thanks for a great stay, we will be back!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2019 via mobile

I can’t emphasise enough...DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. I was ROBBED on the premises and the staff couldn’t care less. I was shocked and scared and they were AWFUL. Basically implied it was my own fault. The area is really SCARY. I wish I could rewind. When I tried to follow this up with a complaint the ‘manager’ spoke to me in a way I’ve never experienced in my life, the language was a disgrace. Vile place, vile people, vile experience.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bryonybreadmore
Reviewed 24 May 2019

I have never stayed before in a hotel with such mixed reviews, and indeed my own review is very mixed.
The location was great for us (we were going to the Goff’s Horse Sales next to Doncaster Racecourse). The hotel was excellent value for money. Breakfast was cooked to order which is always a bonus, and the evening meal was very good.
The hotel’s biggest asset is the staff, with special mention of Ryan and Anne. Both very friendly yet professional.
The hotel is surrounded by an area of wasteland where once other buildings stood. We understand that the hotel owner is reluctant to spend money on improving the surface of the car park until he learns what is going to be built on that surrounding land.
After a less than impressive first impression of the building we were warmly greeted by Ryan on reception. The public areas are all fresh and modern though I personally disliked the wall-to-wall battleship grey paintwork. Our bedroom was clean and spacious.
On the downside the only way to let fresh air into the room was by propping open the sash window. (A previous reviewer used a book; we used a toilet roll in a carrier bag). The double bed was squeaky and the mattress was too firm for me. The shower was pretty feeble, and the water did not drain away speedily so I ended up standing in a couple of inches of water.
I couldn’t find a hairdryer. By the time I had searched all the cupboards and drawers, got my husband to do the same, phoned reception and then gone down to collect a hairdryer (apparently the hairdryers are stolen from the bedrooms) my hair was beyond help. There was a notice in the bedroom to say that an iron and ironing board were available from reception – a similar note about hairdryers would have been helpful.

Date of stay: May 2019