Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
jeffturner
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom

Can not be faulted

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Sept 2020via mobile
Should have stayed the night before of flight to Tunisia, however of course there was no flight! Decided we would stay for the night anyway as we have booked a week in the uk instead. Excellent place to stay. very clean and safe, nice room, and a very good breakfast which were bacons and sausage buns, and selection of cakes and yogurts, very nice under the circumstances. the staff went out of their way to help us after a problem with our booking with Holiday Extras. All in all we had a great nights stay and will be coming back next year. thanks to all the staff that made a great start to our uk holiday!
Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 22 Sept 2020
Thank you for such a lovely review. I hope you had a great onward holiday and we look forward to welcoming you back again next year!
£34
    £37
    £50
4.4 miles from Holiday Inn Express Doncaster, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Doncaster
All reviews stayed here hi express clean hotel buffet style plenty of parking yogurt excellent value for money an overnight stay wildlife park motorway pub supermarket carvery
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2020

Nice hotel though in an industrial area. The room was cleaned. Nice comfy bed. The staff were friendly and polite. With Covid restriction in place throughout. Hand sanitiser availabe. Mask had to be worn. The breakfast was good, hot sandwich had to be ordered day before. Croissants, muffins, porridge, juice, fruits and hot drinks were available. Other amenities were very closeby. Will definitely stay.

Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Joanne Cutt, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Doncaster, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our breakfast as we have had lots of feedback on this and we are trying to improve it all the time. It's great to see we finally are getting it right.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2020

Room was big & clean & on the ground floor as requested. However slightly spoiled by not having our room key in the envelope or our room number! Breakfast a let down as despite ordering it our cold breakfast was not put to one side & when we went to get it it was gone! Therefore our granddaughter ate but I went hungry as I wanted fruit & yoghurt not bacon! Pity really as the hotel was nice

Trip type: Travelled with family
Joanne Cutt, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Doncaster, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, I am sorry to hear about your difficulty around breakfast. August was a busy time for us especially during breakfast but it is not ok that you had to go without! I am sure if you had spoken to a team member they would have been more than happy to get you some fruit and yogurt.

I hope this hasn't deterred you from staying with us again and if you are in the Doncaster area you are willing to give us another chance to restore your faith in the hotel.

Reviewed 19 August 2020

can nit believe that the duty manager simon tried to enter a very small lift that i was in despite the rules on social distancing. the sign clearly states that only 1 person in the lift at a time. then to be told by the manager joanne that she is happy for her staff to break the social distancing rules and allow them in the lift with guests is perfectly fine.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Simon did ask if he could enter the lift with you and when you replied 'No' he backed away and did not enter. If he had ignored your reply and got in to the lift with you this would obviously have been very concerning to me and rest assured it would have been dealt with in a formal manner. Simon has since apologized to you which you did not want to accept. I did not say that it's ok for staff to break social distancing rules, what I did say is that some guests are happy for staff when wearing a mask to ride in the lift along with them.

Maybe Simon did make an error of judgement by asking if he could enter the lift with you but in this new covid-19 world we are trying to find our way and do the best we can. As mentioned I have reviewed all the signage in the hotel and informed by team members that going forward even if a guest is happy for staff to get in the lift with them they are not to do so to avoid this happening in the future.

I am confident by hotel is a safe place for both guests and staff and it is disappointing you felt it necessary to write a review with an incorrect account of what I said during our conversation.

Reviewed 18 August 2020

Won't be recommending this place or visiting myself again. The service was very poor and the receptionist was extremely rude and abrupt. The room was not clean when we arrived and no one seemed too bothered that we had complained

1  Thank franksomer
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Doncaster, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2020

Hi franksomer,

I am glad you left feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay at our Holiday Inn Express Doncaster!

We are grateful to be your travel partner. I feel concerned that your stay was not comfortable due to our staff's lapses and room cleanliness. It is our goal to ensure that everything always works and your review will help our team to deploy necessary improvements. I have also sent you a private message to gather more details about your stay. I hope you give us the chance to host you again next time.

Cheers,

June A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 August 2020

I stayed for 3 nights from the 6th Aug and it is the most disappointing visit I have ever had at a Holiday Inn express. I know we are in difficult times but there is no excuse for lack of service and being ignored and as for the breakfast currently being served I think is an absolute disgrace. The room cost ££194 for three nights for two people and the breakfast choice was hot or cold Grab & Go we both selected the hot choice and to call that a breakfast is a joke. You get a stale barm cake with two half warm sausages not exactly what I was wanting having worked all night and about to go to bed. Was still hungry so then had to go out to find somewhere I could get proper food. I feel that Convid 19 is an excuse for poor service

Room tip: book elsewhere while convid 19 is still around
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Joanne Cutt, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Doncaster, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2020

I am sorry to read you had a disappointing stay with us. You are right there is no excuse for lack of service and I would like to understand more around this if you could please e-mail more details to gm@hiexdoncaster.co.uk.

Our current Grab & Go breakfast is instead of our buffet service which unfortunately we are not able to offer. We don't just have the hot sausage or bacon rolls available, there is a bag you can grab and pop in there a selection of what you would like. Croissants, breakfast biscuits, juice, yogurts, cheese, porridge and hot beverages are all available to takeaway or eat at one of our tables. All our bread rolls are fresh on the day and if not consumed are disposed of after breakfast to ensure freshness.

There is no doubt the way we are now operating is very different due to Covid, however customer experience remains our priority and I am sorry you feel we failed.

I hope if you are in the Doncaster area you could give us another chance to redeem ourselves and show you what a great hotel we are!