“Good food, good service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cactus Jacks

Cactus Jacks
Ranked #10 of 508 Restaurants in Doncaster
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Doncaster, England
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We went to Cactus Jacks on the spur of the moment but were able to book a table (18:30) as we wanted to eat fairly early. There were plenty of spare tables when we arrived but the place was full by the time we left just over an hour later! Service was good, the lads were very friendly as were the majority of the girls. The food was very good, we had stuffed jalapeño and nachos grande to start, then steak fajitas, ribs with prawns and BBQ chicken. All three meals were cooked well and arrived in a timely fashion. We had no complaints and the food was good...but I'm glad we were there before it filled up as I'm sure that will impact on service. Having said that I would and probably will go again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank DenTon145

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I visited cactus jacks just a couple of weeks ago with a friend, I generally thought the food was a little average and the prices aren't cheap at all, so you do tend to expect more for your money. Service although was great, and the inside of the place is impeccable and it's been designed with a lot of thought in mind. I would recommend it just for the experience and if you like Mexican food there's a lots to choose from as the menu is pretty extensive.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Em1664137
“Birthday Night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was my 3rd visit to Cactus Jacks, my wife frequently goes with friends. I do read lots of reviews on here before I visit places and was quite reluctant , after the poor reviews I have read .
Well I wasn't dissapointed at all , the whole evening was excellent. We was greeted on arrival and shown to a table, and drinks were offered. They arrived promptly and we was left for a short period to peruse the menu. There is a large choice of food for everyones taste. Our starters arrived quickly as did our main course. The food was excellent and we ending up leaving some as we were both full. The servers Abby and Wendy were very friendly and a credit to the business, people who have commented on terrible service in my opinion must require too much for a restaurant of its type!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dave G
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“From good to bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Couldn't agree more with Sarah about the service in cactus jacks my wife and myself with our daughter waited nearly 20 mins before we even had our order taken then the drinks came 10mins after that.
We had been going to cactus jacks for a good number of years but we will never be going again the service is rubbish I just feel sorry for the chefs because the food was excellent but they will suffer for people not going back and also word of mouth can make a restaurant or kill one and I am afraid cactus jacks are on that slippery slope

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Amazing food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

This has been the best restaurant I have been to, the service was amazing and instant the food was out in great time! The food was absolutely amazing, I had a chilli con carne chimichanga and it was cooked to perfection! I would recommend this to anyone! I will be coming back for more in the future!

• Visited April 2014