Lowest prices for your stay
No prepayment needed
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Agoda.com
Fully refundable before Fri, 7 Jun
No fees just great deals
Steven H
Doncaster, United Kingdom

excellent value and service

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Aug 2020
Have used the bar several times recently.Fast service and the prices are great.Food very good.Safety measures and sanitising in evidence with staff disinfecting interior surfaces frequently.Offering table service even just for drinks.
Date of stay: July 2020
5.0 miles from The Red Lion Hotel
7.9 miles from The Red Lion Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Doncaster
All reviews the pub fish and chips excellent value for money saturday night tea and coffee an overnight stay one night stay wetherspoons noise dryer races kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2020 via mobile

Just stayed at The Red Lion for the first time. It's a Wetherspoons pub with rooms above so you get all the pros and cons that come with it.
The room was great, nicely decorated, very clean, a nice bathroom and complimentary tea, coffee, biscuits and bottled water. The bed was a little bit hard and the pillows a bit too softfor my liking but that's just personal preference.
The only real downside is that which comes with being a Wetherspoons pub. To check in you just go to the bar which means if it's busy you have to wait in line with all the drinkers. I stayed on a Tuesday night which was surprisingly busy and not ideal if you just want a quiet drink (I actually took mine up to my room). The food is standard Wetherspoons and I have to say, the breakfast wasn't great. The toast was just warm bread, the butter portions arrived on top of the cooked food and had turned to liquid, and the fried eggs had big bits of broken egg shell in them.
Overall, the room was good and it's good value for money if you want to be in the centre of town. I would stay here again but I wouldn't bother paying for breakfast.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank chrisdQ4219JA
Reviewed 19 February 2020

I was visiting Doncaster from Hull and decided to stay over for 1 night, totally on impulse. They had 1 room left so I took it. Room 105 just up a flight of stairs, the room was lovely and modern, bed comfortable and everything I needed, tea, coffee and biscuits, a hairdryer, iron and ironing board if needed. The shower was amazing the following morning (also a supply of shower gel). Had a reasonable night's sleep, my only niggle, the room is next to an office/staff room, and there was the odd thuds during the early hours, maybe the staff but not sure. Anyway it wouldn't put me off staying there again. I had the eggs Benedict for a quick breakfast before leaving...totally the best I've tasted. Thank you for making a lone single woman traveller feel welcome and safe.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2020

Good selection of beers and on the days I visited quite busy. Centrally located, pleasant staff. I did not have a meal but those I saw seemed good. The place was very clean and tidy and staff I came into contact with were very polite

Reviewed 4 February 2020

called for breakfast. made welcome by very friendly staff. nice and comfortable and cosy near gas fire. nice beer garden. good selection of cask ales. ideal location for shopping in doncaster town center

Reviewed 13 January 2020

This is your typical Wetherspoons which are often the same throughout the country, nothing much different other than staff, but this old man behind the bar is rude, obnoxious, uninterested and has the worst attitude i have ever experienced from anyone in a public roll, why or how he still has a job i dont know, it is obvious the staff are frightened of him, he seems to do very little even simple things like pre warming you mug for hot drinks, he just can't be arsed - GET RID OF HIM, other people sat around me overheard my conversation and agreed, thats 3 table of customers

Date of stay: January 2020