“Awful rip off and surly staff/owners.”
Review of Carlo's Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Food was overpriced and not of great quality. They tried to overcharge on the bill and then the owner's wife argued when I pointed it out. Not one to be recommended.

2  Thank Sandy K

Reviewed 29 September 2012

sad to see carlo's has closed .sue , her daughter and staff so friendly was like going to see friends aswell as having a great meal......no restaurant can take its place . chris and andy

3  Thank chris s s
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Really dissapointing how rude the manager was to some of the customers, I don't know who she thinks she is.
The food was ok, not the best italian in Doncaster.

2  Thank Food-eeeeee
Reviewed 2 September 2012

The manager is very very rude and the staff aren't much better. Mocking us when we were sat at our table and not going out of their way at all to make us feel welcome.
My husband booked Carlos for my birthday meal. The rest of the party had not visited here before and I raved about the place having visited before. WHAT A LET DOWN!!!!
The owner/manager is so rude, she didn't look presentable, not the sort of front of house staff you would expect. The food might be Italian but the restaurant does not in any way feel Italian or the staff. The younger waiters/waitresses are nice but the older ones basically don't care for new business. We got told that they have 120 other customers to look after and that is why our starter was 50 minutes before it came. We were starving. We questioned the service and they didn't want to know with very rude comments. We were so so disappointed in being treated like this and it basically ruined my birthday meal.
The food was nice, so compliments to the chef, but we won't ever come back to here and will be trying San Remo's over the road next week.
Unless the owner/manager has a personality transplant it will be only a matter of time before they lose their customers!!

5  Thank Katie T
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here numerous times. The food is very nice and the service is good. I always enjoy myself when I eat here, the staff are very friendly and make you feel welcome. I would reccomend it to others.

1  Thank mummy349