Having booked this for our first night in the Cotswolds, we were delighted from the moment we stepped inside this charming converted house. A warm welcome with fires lit and very pleasant staff. Having recently changed hands there was no sense that they were unsure of anything. The menu was great and in spite of the tempting fish aromas I chose a game meal of pigeon breast and venison casserole. Both were delicious and well presented. Accompanying vegetable side was not the usual - roasted roots and long stemmed broccoli- yum! My husband enjoyed a Brie and Apple parcel followed by sea bass with crab ravioli which was one of the evening's specials. We had a glass of wine which was lovely and enjoyed the art - closer inspection once other diners left. Using old style furniture my only down was a slightly uncomfortable chair which 'moved' a bit. Prices were high as expected for the area and standard. I'm often surprised when specials are more expensive than other menu items. Sadly, we were too full for dessert - probably as we sampled the smoked turmeric hummus before our starters! Delicious! Recommend going out of your way to enjoy this treasure and maybe even stay overnight, which is an option!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seagrave Arms is a charming country inn and award-winning restaurant with eight en-suite bedrooms and a self-catering cottage with two bedrooms. Set in the heart of the Cotswolds, mid-way between the villages of Chipping Campden (1 mile) and Broadway (3 miles) and just 20 minutes dive from both Cheltenham and Stratford upon Avon. The eight bedrooms feature king-size beds, luxurious linen, flat screen TVs, natural British toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities and complimentary WiFi. With 2 Rosettes, the restaurant serves seasonal British cuisine. The menu is made with sustainable local produce including fruits and vegetables from nearby farms, Cotswold beef, Gloucester Old Spot pork and plenty of game from local shoots. Whether you want to enjoy a pint of real ale in the bar near the roaring-log fire or dine on classic dishes in the candlelit and intimate restaurant, the team look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your The Seagrave Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Seagrave Arms Hotel Chipping Campden
- The Seagrave Arms Chipping Campden, Cotswolds