“Fabulous offer and lovely grounds”
Review of Charingworth Manor

Charingworth Manor
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We have visited Charingworth Manor many times but I have to say that there have been some recent improvements that have really added to the experience. Firstly, the grounds are absolutely beautiful now and whoever is doing the design and maintenance are to be applauded. After all this hot weather the lawns are still looking green and enticing rather than parched, and the flower beds are a delight. Well done for attention to detail! Nice to see the lavender paths leading away to the terraced view were humming with bees. People appeared to be thoroughly enjoying the tennis courts which look like they have been recently updated and there is now an outdoor chess set those requring less energetic pursuits. The menu in the restaurant has been simplified and we had a very nice entrecote and fries followed by a generous plate of cheese at no further supplement. I have to say that the asparagus starter with poached egg and hollandaise sauce was immaculate. Breakfast was also good as the waitress and waiters now offer more than one rasher of bacon or egg if you do not take the Full English option. I had seen negative reviews where people were unhappy at the small portions if they chose just one or two items from the breakfast menu but this is no longer the case. They were also at pains to offer alternative options if people fancied something different - like baked beans etc.
This time we stayed in the Corbett and it's a charming room with a triple aspect and a limited view over the hills. It's in the manor itself and has a really nice feel to it. Very clean and very comfortable. The bed slants downwards towards the head a little bit though which we think is because of the uneven floorboards. Nevertheless perfectly comfortable. I really enjoyed our stay here again and if you can pick a time when it's quiet there is nowhere like it for relaxing. Alas our final evening was somewhat spoiled by a loud family argument (adults not children) which made it difficult for us to hear eachother. But the hotel can't do anything about that!! A pity as otherwise it's so peaceful.

Room Tip: Corbett very nice at front of hotel on first floor. Could suffer from noise from room above with squ...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
charingworth, General Manager at Charingworth Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Dear Guests

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to write these on trip advisor.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us, it’s always nice when guest notice the little touches and improvements that we always aim for. I will share your comments with the team here at the hotel.

Michael David Eastick

Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed 27 July 2013

One of my favourites for sure. Staff are lovely, the setting is beautiful.

Some rooms can be noisy, however it's a 13th century manor so what do you expect?

Rooms are spotless, bathrooms are huge.

Always look forward to staying here!

Pool and sauna is a bonus too!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris W

Dear Guest

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us

Reviewed 26 July 2013

My wife and I recently stayed one night here and our main disappointment was that we were unable to spend longer and enjoy all the facilities of the hotel. We arrived very late and there was yet we were still look after as though we had arrived mid-afternoon. In the morning we had a delicious breakfast that set us on our way for a long day in the area! The hotel setting was about as tranquil as you can get!

Room Tip: Try and stay on the upper rooms as there can be some floor noise!
1  Thank WillowEd

Dear Guests

I’m happy that you enjoyed your short but sweet stay with us her at the hotel and do hope when you return it can be for a little longer.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We booked for 3 nights D B&B and were delighted by the complimentary upgrade to Brismar suite (the best room) with views across the delightful gardens to the countryside beyond.
Service was superb and we treated ourselves on one day to a luxury afternoon tea - that was fabulous and served in the stunning gardens. We stayed during incredibly (for England) hot weather in July 2013 and made use of the lovely (really refreshing!) pool. The house itself is full of character and a retreat from the heat outside. We simply wanted a totally relaxing short break and this fantastic hotel offered the perfect break for us. Food was fab, staff were wonderful the whole experience a delight - we will be back!

Room Tip: Brismar suite was lovely

Dear Guests

I’m glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea and stay with us with us and will share your comments with the team here at the hotel. I do have to agree that the view from the Brismar and several other rooms would be hard beaten.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

wonderful afternoon in Idyllic setting with very attentive staff. Can't comment on the price because it was a gift. But the Champagne Tea was delicious with an assortment of dainty sandwiches and scones with jam and Clotted Cream and home made cakes.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guests

I’m glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us and will share your comments with the team here at the hotel,

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed here in May for 2 nights DB&B. had booked a suite and were really pleased with the room . Hotel itself is lovely and the first afternoon we spent sat in the gardens with a cold drink admiring the fantastic views . Dinner was excellent on both nights and breakfast was also very good . Service again was of a high standard with nothing too much trouble .
We made use of the pool which was of a good size and early morning we had to ourselves . The only negative was that our suite was above the dining room and the music being played could be clearly heard in our room . This wouldn't have bothered us had it not been that the staff seemed to turn it up loud after the guests had dined and both nights I had to go down and ask for it to be turned down . If not for this it I would have given a 5 rating . Just make sure if you book a suite you aske for one not above the dining room then you will have a perfect stay

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian O

Dear Guests

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and will share your comments with the team here at the hotel, I have noted your comments about the music and will speak to the restaurant team to ensure that the do keep this at a lower level

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed at the Hotel for 2 nights during the weekend of the game fair at Ragley Hall . We were very impressed with the
excellent food and service .
We were looked after by Graham the bar manager and consider him to offer the highest service .
The hotel was quite and set in the most beautiful surroundings and we can recommend it highly.
We look forward to staying there again soon .

Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and will share your comments with the team here at the hotel, if I can help with any future reservation please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipping Campden
#3 of 3 in Chipping Campden
The Lygon Arms
The Lygon Arms
#6 of 6 in Broadway

Been to Charingworth Manor? Share your experiences!