“Superb Top Quality Hotel”
Review of Charingworth Manor

Charingworth Manor
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have returned home today after a fantastic 2 nights stay at Charingworth Manor, which I booked to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. We just can't praise this hotel and the staff enough for excellent accommodation, service and location. We were upgraded to a four poster room on arrival, the staff were very courteous, helpful and superbly efficient. Our room was spotlessly clean, spacious and benefited from a huge en suite with fantastic shower; there was even a birthday card from the staff waiting for my husband. We ate in the hotel both evenings plus took afternoon tea on our second day; all meals were of an exceptional standard and delicious. We were also given a complimentary glass of champagne in celebration of my husband's birthday.

This hotel is an amazing find in a peaceful setting with plenty of places locally to explore and we will definitely be returning. Thank you to Charingworth Manor, the Manager Michael and his superb staff for helping me to make my husband's birthday celebration so memorable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
charingworth, General Manager at Charingworth Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Guests

Thank you for your comments and I will share these with the rest of the team here, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Michael Eastick

Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here back in august.

Hotel is set in beautiful grounds and our room was perfect. Except for being below the house keeping cupboard.

Receptionists were very helpful on giving us ideas of what places to visit.

We had dinner in the restaurant on our first night, but at over £110 for two three course meals and two drinks and not even a coffee at the end we thought it best to eat out the rest of the time.

Breakfast was great.

However we enjoyed our stay and would come again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Liza O

Dear Guests

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor and I m happy you enjoyed your stay last summer, I'm sorry you found dinner a little on the expensive side, we do however offer dinner bed and breakfast rates from £149 for two guests, which offer better value than our standard bed and breakfast rates.

We do hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future and if you contact us directly we can offer the best available rate to include dinner.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed for 3 nights over the May day bank holiday weekend, the staff were excellent, friendly and accommodating, we stayed with my dog and was really appreciative of the trouble that the staff and Maitre D went to, in setting up a table for both dinner and breakfast in the lounge, so that we could eat very nice food with our 4 legged friend, as we do not like to leave her in the room. The rooms and the hotel were spotless and well maintained and had some lovely rooms. A great place to stay with or without a dog, highly recommended for dog owners looking for a great place to stay. Location is very good as well easy to get to all the lovely Cotswold Villages, a big thank you to all the lovely staff for making the weekend wonderful

Room Tip: ground floor rooms with terrace excellent if you have a dog
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guests

I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay and for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have just had a fantastic two nights at Charingworth Manor and it exceeded our expectations. The superior room was warm and very comfortable; fantastically clean with crispy white linen. The pool was quite and warm ( I like to be warm ) and the food in the restaurant was wonderful. I especially likes the Pimms jelly afternoon tea. The staff were especially caring and attentive, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is situated in the heart of the countryside with easy access to some great places - Chipping Campden is a beautiful little town. We enjoyed the walks and really enjoyed our visit to Hidcote. Michael the manager is a delightful man and very interesting to chat too; full of information about the area and his hotel, we will definitely be investing in the Kiftsgate rose next time we visit, we may even donate a Gunera plant for the pond. There will definitely be a next visit in the not too distant future. A wonderful hotel, a wonderful weekend. Thank you Charingworth Manor.

1  Thank judith p

Dear Guests

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor, I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay and I will share your comments with the staff here at Charingworth.
We do hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future. I'm looking forward to you donation for the pond.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

One of 15 hotels in the "Classic Lodges" group, Charingworth Manor must surely be one of their best. This 700 year Manor has been beautifully renovated to provide 26 individual and unique and comfortable bedrooms. We stayed in the "Warwick" room with its own little landing and private entrance. Rooms are bright and spacious with all modern ensuite facilities and tasteful quality extras. Our bed was huge and very comfortable with spotless white linen.
We had a swim in the lovely pool which is part of the hotel's integral Spa Centre. Dinner was a delight in the award winning restaurant and the afternoon "English Tea" is a real treat. Proper tea in a teapot with a tea strainer would you believe. This completely foxed a couple of young children sitting close to us who had only ever come across tea bags!
Having said all that, the principle factor that makes this hotel so very special is the quality of all staff. Everyone we met was friendly, helpful and skilled at their job. Service was altogether faultless and a tribute to the management.
We only wish that we were able to stay longer. We will undoubtedly be back.

Room Tip: Every room is different (even some with a 4 poster bed). Look at the hotel's website to choose.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife & I decided to visit Charingworth Manor a second time, to celebrate our anniversary. As on our previous visit, the afternoon tea was very nice ( ask for extra jam & cream). Our room was a good size with a spacious bathroom. You would have struggled though if you were taller than 5ft 10ins because the ceiling in our room (Corbett) was very low. The bed was quite hard though. We used the swimming pool, the water was not warm enough for my wife's liking. Our meal was very tasty, I recommend the Salmon smokie & the breast of Gressingham duck.
We have visited similar 'manor house' or 'country house' type hotels over the years & my next comment (or rant) is not aimed at this property or any other but I find that we always seen to encounter people that go out of their way to be awkward & sometimes downright rude. One lady refused to have her afternoon tea because the table was too low ! Another lady when asked whether she wanted tea or coffee, said she must have fresh mint with hot water ! The most ridiculous example was the woman who asked her waiter, he was foreign with minimal English, if he could 'walk her through the cheeses' on the dessert menu. She insisted that he tell her what each of them tasted like!! I hope she reads this review and is ashamed. All of these events took place in one day at Charingworth Manor & I think the staff and management deserve a medal for dealing with this type of customer. Lastly, it does give you directions to this address on their website but they are a few miles outside of Chipping Campden. You'll find it using the co-ordinates provided.

1  Thank IAIN M

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We were recommended this hotel by friends and we had a fabulous time. Everything about this hotel is just spot on - the check in, the rooms, the food, the service - we just loved it all. Loved the lounges in the evening, felt very at home. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests

I'm glad you enjoyed your first stay with us and I will share your comments with the team here.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipping Campden
#3 of 3 in Chipping Campden
The Lygon Arms
The Lygon Arms
#6 of 6 in Broadway

Been to Charingworth Manor? Share your experiences!