“Just perfect!”
Review of Noel Arms Hotel

Noel Arms Hotel
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We loved our stay at the Noel Arms. The staff were welcoming, food and service were impeccable and our room was gorgeous with it's stone walls and period decor. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone choosing to stay at Chipping Campden.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed at the Noel .arms for 2 nights in July. We had a king room across the courtyard and cannot say enough good things about this quaint hotel. The bathroom was on the smaller side, but recently renovated and very clean, same shower in the tub with the partial shower door we encountered in most of our hotels in the UK, you just have to put an extra towel on the floor to prevent water getting everywhere. They had 2 fans in the room which we needed, but the windows did open up which was nice. The staff were super friendly and accommodating. The king sized bed was comfortable enough, the room had one wall which was exposed stone and very quaint. Very creaky, I was glad there were no rooms up beneath us. We ate at Eight Bells which I highly recommend (we made reservations, but didn't really need to). We tried to eat at the Lyngnon Arms, but the restaurant was closed. Food in the hotel was good, breakfast was ample. We stuck to the continental, didn't care for the full English breakfast anywhere we stayed. Not when I saw that the fried eggs were cooked in a couple of inches of oil! We rode horses in Stanton close by, at Jill Caranza's. Expensive, but a great way to see the countryside. The hotel has enough parking, just head through to their courtyard. Overall, I think this hotel might have been my favorite on the trip!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Travelgirl056
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Excellent hotel and well worth 5 stars compared to many we have stayed in for the same price. Lively bar, pleasant coffee area, quaint outsde courtyard and good sized rooms. Two things stood out for us - the staff were superb, very friendly and welcoming which was a refreshing change and secondly the extras ooze class - quality linen, top of the range towels, etc make this hotel a real treat.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dixiedean
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My Wife and I stayed at the Noel Arms Hotel for four nights at the beginning of July, and we were pleased with the Hotel and the food. I have to say the food was superb; and I have to take my hat off to the Chef, Indunil Upatissa for some of the best Curries I’ve tasted for a long while, and he truly deserves the awards he’s recently received. The Staff were friendly and helpful and the Hotel was clean and tidy. It’s refreshing to go away for a break and find everything hunky dory with the hotel and food. I intend to return to the Noel Arms later in the year for another break.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ampcheck
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We had two rooms. mine was on small side but pleasant. However the first thing I saw was bubbled wallpaper by radiator and mould round window.The other room was better and larger but had damaged wallpaper on the corners/edges. However the beds were really comfortable, the bathrooms clean and the staff delightful. Breakfast was good.The bar was closed for refurbishment. I hated the hairdryer and it would have been nice to have had face flannels and body lotion in bathroom! However came away happy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank gillian71
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My Mom and I stayed here for a night and it was a great experience! The rooms are HUGE (compared to London) and newly renovated. The hotel itself is surprisingly very new inside as well. There is a really excellent restaurant in the hotel as well for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The location is great as there is a cheap bus right across the street that will shuttle you to Stratford-upon-Avon and the other Cotswold villages. The only negatives I have are these; there is no AC (of yet), and the floor is somewhat creaky. Other than that the service is wonderful, the rooms were beautiful, and the location great! I would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We came for the CLA Game Fair and the staff were extremely helpful and provided a delicious breakfast at 6.30 am so that we could get on our way in good time. Overall, the hotel was very comfortable, and although our room (No 11) was above the bar area, there was little noise on either night of our stay. The restaurant was pleasant, not overcrowded and provided a varied menu . Super coffee and cake from the cafe area. The only negative point is that the entrance area is rather dark and the public lounge badly needs refurbishment.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Lower Slaughter
The Broadway Hotel
The Broadway Hotel
#5 of 6 in Broadway

Been to Noel Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!