We stayed for 3 nights last week. When we arrived, we were shown around & taken to our room by a very helpful receptionist. Throughout our stay, we found the staff to be very helpful, particularly the lady who's on breakfast duty. She was fabulous & really looks after the guests.
The room (Number 24)was functional & had everything you'd expect-tea, coffee, water, toiletries etc. However, the room was VERY VERY dark & gloomy. It only had 1 small window but did have 3 lamps & another light. Having said that, I did not want to spend much time in it the first evening but by the 3rd day we kind of got used to it. As I was with my Mum who has a stick, we got a room on the lower floor at the back of the hotel, so it was really easy to walk out of the conservatory or from the car so it was great from that point of view! There was also a massive cobweb above the bed! Our hair dryer didn't work & we were really impressed that a new one was brought straight round.
We ate in the hotel 1 night but we didn't think that the food or the service was that good. We ordered & received our meal then no one came to us until long after we finished our meal. We didn't manage to get our drinks that we had ordered either.
The things that made the hotel for us were the public areas, the great location & of course the breakfasts! We enjoyed sitting in front of the fire reading with a cappuccino!
Having read other reviews on here about the number of stairs & that the hotel is a bit up & down, I emailed the hotel 2 days before our visit to say my mum couldn't do lots of stairs, the hotel's reply was very prompt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming 14th-Century Inn situated in the center of Chipping Campden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Noel Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Noel Arms Chipping Campden
- Hotel Noel Arms
- Noel Arms Hotel Chipping Campden, Cotswolds