“Wonderful food!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

What a great place. My husband and I had a lovely dinner here one night during our weekend break to the Cotswolds. The food was fantastic and I was so happy to find a place that serves Escargot as good as what I had in Paris! Lovely food and great atmosphere.

Loved it!

• Visited September 2012

Exeter, United Kingdom
“:-D”
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

I loved eating at Joel's! We had a cosy table for two on a freezing cold April evening. The lemon sole was perfectly cooked. The service was excellent throughout our evening too. I'd love to go back in warmer weather and eat out on the terrace. 10\10!!

Visited April 2013
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Such good value”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

A friend and I arrived in Chipping Campden on a really foul wet day. We looked at menus outside other pubs and restaurants and found them all rather expensive and uninspiring. However, Joel's set price lunch fitted the bill. The restaurant its self is cosy and the food is excellent value for money. The waitress was delightful, even though she was on her own with a busy restaurant to deal with. Would definitely recommend and would certainly return when in the area.

• Visited February 2013
Swindon, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I don't make a habit of writing reviews but had to on this occasion following our visit to Joel's on a quiet Friday after New Year. This is a small, welcoming restaurant on the High Street and we couldn't have been more impressed with the quality of the food we were served. We both went for the peppered steak as a main and they were quite honestly up there with the tastiest steaks we've ever consumed. There seemed to be a varied specials board to compliment the main menu but we were glad we weren't tempted to order anything else ! The staff were attentive and very friendly and we will definitely be back, hopefully in the not too distant future. Seek it out !

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Best steak we've had in ages”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We went at the start of January so it was a little on the quiet side but it was warm and the staff were friendly. Service was attentive without being intrusive.

I would agree with previous comments about the butter and I think it's a shame that the bread wasn't more rustique.

Both my husband and I had the prawns in filo pastry. These were nice but I felt there was too much pastry and not enough prawn.

For our mains, I had the fillet steak with mushrooms and my husband had the peppered fillet. I had asked for mine medium and my husband had requested medium rare. The cuts of meat were excellent and were cooked to perfection. These were much better than the steaks you get at places like gaucho and considerably cheaper (gaucho £33 for a fillet, Joel's £21). The veg I has with mine was a little over cooked and had too much salt for my taste.

There was a lovely choice for pudding but we just had ice cream. They had a fabulous selection and they were very tasty.

3 courses with drinks to start, a half litre of wine and a glass of wine with service came to £85 for 2 which is excellent value and we did have the most expensive things on the menu.