Review of Joel's Restaurant - CLOSED

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

You will get good food and wine at this fine dining restaurant. The chef is French and the food is cooked to perfection. We had snails for starters and they were delicious. It is a small place, so it would wise to book beforehand.

Visited May 2013

Huntington Beach, CA
“Fabulous Food, Charming Restaurant”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We were lucky enough to "walk in" without a reservation and snag a table at this charming restaurant. The food is French, and prepared beautifully. We had the Filet au Poivre and the Veal Normande, both of which were excellent. Also wonderful appetizers and lovely desserts. The night we were there was extremely busy and the service was slow, for which they profusely apologized, but we didn't mind as we were just enjoying the experience of being there and there was nothing else on our evening agenda! It was the best meal we ate the three nights we were in Chipping Campden, and we would highly recommend!

Visited May 2013
Kingsbridge
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner with an old girl friend !!”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have visited Joel's over the past 20 years or so and I would say even though I have moved from the area decades ago am treated like a long lost friend when I arrive..We both had the fillet steak which over the years has never let me down..I would say that it is the best I have ever had with pepper sauce and chips and I have eaten a few over my 50 years in search of one that can match Joels..\this is yet to happen.It is my intention to book for Dovers games on the first weekend in june to watch the torchlight parade that comes from the hill culminating with an evening of dancing in the square..With its magnificent and well priced menu it will again be an evening to remember..If I had the ability to run a restuarant it would be like this one..Always great food and great service x

• Visited February 2013
Findlay, Ohio
“good meal”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Had a wonderful steak dinner there. It is right in the center of town and easy walking distance. The service was good and desserts excellent.

Visited April 2013
Verwood, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We had a wonderful meal here and quite reasonably priced, our only criticism would be that the tables for 2 were a little too close to each other.

Visited April 2013