“Charming and delicious”

Michael's Mediterranean Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Whilst on a weekend break we stumbled across this beautiful little place, open fire, amazing steaks and a bustling atmosphere. A must for anyone stopping in this picturesque town.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

It was our third visit here. I have always been ambivalent but my husband loved it, until this time. We always have the mixed mezze at £25 pp. I felt that it was lacking another fish element (just 4" dish of Calamari) not even lemon wedge with this. The grilled meat all tasted the same and was, in my opinion, under seasoned. The drinks are always expensive here but I felt that £7.50 for two half pints of Coke was a step too far. Will we go back again? Probably not.

1  Thank DellaDancer
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Looking forward to this evening told it was very good but came away feeling it could have been better.
It was a cold evening and we asked twice if the fire would be lit.
This did not happen and we all felt cold.Nice food but we all felt it was overpriced.

1  Thank henrydoodle
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great atmosphere and even the few tables outside looked cosy. Lovely sardines and tzatziki to start and tuna with pineapple and kleftico wonderful. Bit pricey for a tzatziki (£8) so prob just taking advantage a bit but no qualms about the rest

1  Thank helDorset
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My family and I ate at this restaurant over the last bank holiday week end. On the menu is listed a mezze for 2 and priced at £25 each. Not everything you get is listed on the menu such as chips and greek salad. One of our party wasnt that hungry so just ordered a greek salad. However had we had known 1 was included with the mezze we wouldn't have ordered an additional one. None of the waiting staff or manager told of this.

In all the food was very good but there was definately not £50 worth of food (2 of us ordered the mezze). In addition the menu is misleading and not clearly priced. It should say mezze for 1 £25 or mezze for 2 £50. This is an issue that the OFT would be interested in. I would suggest a mezze for one is ample if your not starving.

2  Thank star4005